User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promo page of WINZGO.COM - please review

Hello!

Few months ago I launched my start-up's temporary promo page.

Could you please kindly review it and let me know if any comments/suggestions.

What I am particularly concerned about is how people read "Stay tuned and get rewarded" button with FB's symbol. Is it clear that this simply means "Subscribe and get notified about the launch (and be rewarded)" or the language is too puzzling? Does lack of content/explanation prevents people from pushing the button (we can't disclose more info about the product for confidentiality reasons at this stage, unfortunately). I am asking because the conversion ratio (visitors>subscribers) is far from our initial target.

Many thanks in advance for help.

http://winzgo.com

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, let me say, it looks fantastic!

But I'm not really sure what it's all about. I figure from the name it's a game or a prize rewards thing. But from the website, I get no indication of what this might be. Probably involves movies? Might be a trivia thing?

I'd probably get something on there that helps me understand what this is, and therefore why I would want to "stay tuned".

The "and get rewarded" is sort of clear --- I'm obviously (potentially) going to get something. But I have no idea what it is, or why I would want it. (And as above, I have no idea why I want to stay tuned).

I wouldn't click it -- unless someone sent me to this page and told me what it was about before hand (even then, I probably wouldn't unless I really trusted that person/knew them well -- as there is no indication what this is for).

As to the FB, I gather that's how I sign up - with my FB log in. Sometimes I don't want to do that (if it tells me you can post to my timeline or anything like that, I'm going to cancel). I like to be able to use my email address by itself for stuff like this. Something I can easily block, mark as spam, or use my "spam" account that I don't check daily.
    Have I helped you? You could help me.
    Like my business on facebook!
    Text message polls with real-time, live results.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,

first impression - wow, looks great! After cheking out what's the page all about, I had no clue. :S
    English is my 3rd language, so Your worrys about the "Stay tuned and get rewarded" button are unnecessary. At the first look I think, it was clear what will happen after pushin' it.
    Anyways, due the lack of information/content i didn't press it. My suggestion would be to add some more info, at least what I can expect will hapen when to countdown is over.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Winzgo,
    First things first: WOW! What a cool page! You did a nice job on this. Also very cool that mousing over the page causes the graphics to move.
    I get it that there are a variety of prizes available to win. However, without being able to go to an "About Us" or a "Read More" or something like that, I would be hesitant to go any further because there are so many fake, malware-filled sites out there. I understand your confidentiality constraints, but I think the lack of information available could be a deterrent for you as far as getting people to follow through and sign up.

I DID click the "Stay tuned and get rewarded" button, but only because you referenced it in your post. However, I agree with jeffvdovjak in that I wouldn't want to have FaceBook as my only option to access your page -- that could be why some people aren't following through. Also, since your goal is to get people to subscribe, why not consider changing "Stay Tuned" to "Subscribe" for the sake of clarity? In my mind, "stay tuned" means to check the page regularly; it doesn't convey to me that I need to sign up.

Take care!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jeffvdovjak, Macimilian, SA_Lo - thank you, that's really helpful. I have a couple of ideas how to bring some light on what the project is and reassure a visitor that this is not a fake without 'saying too much'.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, I just love it, specially the movement in the background when I scroll the page up and down. May I know how to do it?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubaidhow View Post
    WOW, I just love it, specially the movement in the background when I scroll the page up and down. May I know how to do it?
    I love the special effects as well! It looks cool without being too distractive.

However, when I open the page in my Chrome browser, the background movement seems to lag a bit, while they appeared normal in IE. Perhaps it is a compatibility issue with Chrome?

Also, I think it might be beneficial to increase the size of the "Learn More" area or to move it up a bit. Like most other posters suggested, I would not want to click on "Stay Tuned" until I have learned more about what the page is about, and it is only possible to do so through the "Learn More" area.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone in this thread for your warm replies on the design and, of course, your comments and remarks!

@dubaihow It's called "parallax effect".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do not understand your purpose.However, I will try to learn more.It looks very interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great design, looks very professional however I do find it a bit difficult to read the timer as the red doesn't have much contrast against its background. Regarding your concern, I dont think the text 'stay tuned and get rewarded' is clear - in fact to me its confusing and I wouldn't click it. Why are you trying to be mysterious about what the button does? Whats wrong with a simple 'Subscribe to us on facebook and get first priority when we launch'. A promise not to spam me would also go a long way.

I'd also test whether the flash page before the main page loads is helping. My instinct is that it is a distraction and I would turn it off. Definitely worth testing imho.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome page! Yes, it was clear to me to subscribe. I think the fact that it is kind of
    a mystery is the enticing part about it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by woolabee View Post
    I think the fact that it is kind of
    a mystery is the enticing part about it.
    That was the idea. But given that not everyone considers it to be exciting, we would probably rename the button in a more straightforward way. Once again, thank you all for the feedback!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the feedback we got, we renamed the button and added some description in the title to make it all a bit more clear. Any additional suggestions are very welcome.