User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Please review Score Chief - score games portal

Hi,

I would like to know your opinions regarding Score Chief , a games portal with games that save the score.
    I would like to build a community of players that compete for points and high-scores.
    Let me know what you think about it, what should I improve / add / change.

Thank you !

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first its seems really cool website, with a lot of games. but i will recommend you not use so much ads in the begining, first get some good and stable traffic to your site, and than add more ads. even its just 10 sec to wait till the game load, i think its too much. you can leave the ads on the sides, but remove for now the ads that make u wait untill the game loads. even i click on skip ads, another ad show again before i could start play.

other than this, its very nice cool site!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if you changed the ads, but I don't find them too obtrusive.

I do find the colours hard to view though. The green and yellow hurts my eyes a bit (especially in darker rooms). Also it makes it "hard" to see the different game images. By hard I mean, it sort of makes everything blend together, or not seem distinct enough...

I like the ability to sign in with facebook. Makes it easy enough. And the layout is pretty standard, and looks good. Easy to find stuff.

A really catchy logo would make it look a little more professional but it's good enough!

And finally, at the bottom of the page I read this " and climb in our tops". That doesn't make sense really (unless you're trying to keyword dump).
    Have I helped you? You could help me.
    Like my business on facebook!
    Text message polls with real-time, live results.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the color scheme is a little bit too.. childish and weird. I would change it. I would think of adding some fancy stuff there as it is quite plain now. The logo and favicon are cool.

Maybe change 'Latest Top Scores' font to be consistent with the whole page. Cheers!
    http://www.yourshoutbox.com <- FREE chat for your website - limited offer
    http://www.smartchatbox.com <- let your visitors talk

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,

I agree with the previews comments.
    I've opened your website in a dark room on a 23" LED display,
    IE 10.01, metro and desktop, latest version of chrome/desktop mode.
    My first impression? It was really hard to look at first.
    In my opinion you should change the color scheme to something more neutrally, due the number of colorful images and content on your website,
    and the logo could be better, it's a lil'bit old school.
    The structure is really good. Everything is easy to find and placed where i expect it to be.
    On the landing page you provide me content to keep me there, even if I didn't want to visit your page.
    Easy to sign in via Facebook. Big searchbar to find what I'm looking for, and the load time was really fast.
    So, this is how I see it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys for your thoughts and ideas.
    Regarding the colors... what can I say? It's a matter of taste. I chose the scheme using a popular tool designed for this purpose and I could say I'm happy with it.
    I'm thinking to change the logo but until I'll get a better idea (or designer) I will use the current one.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Website Looks good but work not good with Safari.