User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Review: Proflip.com

Hi,

I would like to request a review for the website Proflip.com - http://www.proflip.com that we are launching BETA version soon.

- Website was made for buying, selling websites, domains and scripts.

- Pricing module offers adding listings for free and we charge only for desired upgrades and 5% success fee that is capped.

- We have also developed the Achievements system which you currently can't review as it requires for users to be logged in in order to see that system.

But i would like to know your opinions, what should we improve, fix, what do you like about the site, what would you change, etc.

Thank you very much in advance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man that's busy. I think there's too much going on on the homepage. I'm not sure where to look. I would recommend simplifying the home page and removing elements. One plus is it's clear what you do. The teal gradient area is effective to display what you do (buy/sell websites) and the large buttons are probably where you'll get a lot of clicks because they are large and in the least cluttered area of the page.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WebEminence View Post
    Man that's busy. I think there's too much going on on the homepage. I'm not sure where to look. I would recommend simplifying the home page and removing elements. One plus is it's clear what you do. The teal gradient area is effective to display what you do (buy/sell websites) and the large buttons are probably where you'll get a lot of clicks because they are large and in the least cluttered area of the page.
    Thank you, i appreciate your opinion very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, it is very busy. There are about 5 focus points in the header. Different places for social media, call to action, and 2 different menu's. I would combine the social media icons, combine menu's. Then get some feedback from usertesting.com.
    Maarten

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design. It looks professional and I wouldn't hesitate listing my website there. But like the other said my eyes have trouble focusing on elements. I think you have to many buttons, links, sliding text... and this confuses the user. Maybe you should focus on the important page elements and remove the unnecessary stuff. Good luck !

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

It looks professional, unfortunately like many other people commented it has way too much content. Under the "getting started" menu, the buying website option, the layout is out of place. fix it and make sure everything is aligned.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the posters above. I personally dont like to scroll more than once.. and i had to scroll 3 times to get to see the bottom of the page. Its a little clustered and busy, maybe add some submenu would help.The color has no emphasis.. as they are in the same shade of color, its not so dynamic, but its a nice looking site! just minor improvements!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the domain. But your site design needs a lot of work. I feel like you are wasting a lot of valuable screen real estate. Maybe cut your header. Make it small so you can start seeing some useful content right when the site loads. I agree with the other reviewers. You have way too much going on...in a bad way. Because the site is new, no real useful content. But supplementing real user generated content with a lot of keyword stuffing and links and ticker tape ads can really turn your visitors off. As with any forums, social networks, review sites, etc... it's hard getting started. Hard to get new users to start contributing. But I do like this space. Flippa would be your main competition? Still think that this niche has a lot of potential. Good luck to you!

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I agree that the page is a bit busy and requires some work to understand what the site is for. It's great that you have a bit of an intro at the top of the home page, but the font (especially the smaller black) is so muddy as to be virtually unreadable.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the tips on improvement, we are realy working hard to provide as much as possible, but the real frontpage 'look' will not be seen until there are 12 featured websites listed on left side and 12 featured domains listed on right... which will strech this a little and show the important/featured content right below the header and navigation.

fllu - no, we don't look on flippa as our competition, as we have no intent to compete with anyone. We made this marketplace and will continuously work on it to improve it and make it better because this is our passion, we love what we do and we want to offer people a marketplace where they won't spend alot of money on listing their websites, domains for sale(that's why all our fees will be minimum and listing fee - free).

We will also promote every website/domain added on our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest social accounts to help you get more exposure free of charge.
    --------------------------------------

I also need to mention that when you log in the site, there is a leveling system that currently has 40levels you can reach with being active/doing stuff on the site. You also get rewarded with badges, and points which you can spend for your listing exposure and save your money even at that. Launch is next week, because we still need to fix some issues that are important.

Thanks again for all the tips and suggestions.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is too much happening on the main site. The scroll is very distractive and there are only 1$ BID suggesting the site is not very lively. Think of some simple demo or tour explaining the idea - people really do like that . Or at lease make How it works section bigger. I don't think that listing all the categories on the main page is necessary and makes page needlessly long.

I really do like the colors!
    http://www.yourshoutbox.com <- FREE chat for your website - limited offer
    http://www.smartchatbox.com <- let your visitors talk

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great domain name!

But I do agree with the first responder. It is a bit busy. The ticker is a bit distracting for me. Perhaps a simpler home page. Maybe just the "Buy / Sell" button section And then maybe a bit about what you do/why I would choose you underneath.
    Have I helped you? You could help me.
    Like my business on facebook!
    Text message polls with real-time, live results.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first impression I get of the website passes my "Is it professional" filter. As far as business goes, yes, it's a little busy, but I think that the extra information that it gives is worth it. A site such as ProFlip needs to do two things for the visitor as soon as he arrives. First it must grab the user's attention, sending the message "This is a quality website that will get you what you want." The second is to drive the buyer to a sale before he/she leaves and/or forgets about it. By adding all that info to the front page, you give the viewer as much info as possible before he has to make the decision, back or next. My opinion: its good, and even the ticker has its place on a bidding website.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely agree with the first post that there's a lot going on..it's kind of overwhelming at first. I do like that the homepage explains "How It Works" so there's no confusion on what the site is about exactly.

Not sure why you have the social media buttons in two different places. It's a little redundant, so I suggest choosing one spot to display them.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site is now open as BETA,

You can now list your websites/domains and review everything... we're already working on next bag of fixes and improvements and will post the updates on the blog.