Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ecommerce / Brand Website

Hi,

I would love the opinions of the design gurus here for improving my Ecig website:

www.henleycigs.com

Basically I am looking for suggestions on improving the Homepage/landing page for decreased drop off.

Also the Product Detail pages were just redesigned and I am not sure if there is anything more I should do.

Any suggestions are welcome but I am basically mulling a total redesign or if additional refinements (particularly of the home page) will cut it.

Thanks again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it overall. A couple simple suggestions of the top of my head...

• Left menu has some white on white problems, specifically Partners and FAQs.
    • You probably want to draw people's attention to that main content area on the whitish background. Those first 2 paragraphs don't really do it for me. Maybe something a little more eye catching there to get people started reading that content. Or even move those paragraphs down and start with Henley Premium Vapor Cigarettes.
    • My eyes went to the image of the two guys first. If I was you, I would consider having a picture there of someone using the product. I like the product picture in box but a picture of the product in use would be great

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebEminence View Post

• You probably want to draw people's attention to that main content area on the whitish background. Those first 2 paragraphs don't really do it for me. Maybe something a little more eye catching there to get people started reading that content. Or even move those paragraphs down and start with Henley Premium Vapor Cigarettes.
    • My eyes went to the image of the two guys first. If I was you, I would consider having a picture there of someone using the product. I like the product picture in box but a picture of the product in use would be great
    Thanks for the input. Yeah the content of the first two paragraphs seem weak. I was thinking of pulling more product info "above the fold". Getting the viewer right into the product..

I like the suggestion of having the background shots be of people actually using the product. Subtly reinforcing the lifestyle.

Thanks again WebE. Have a good one!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

i really like it and i know that might not be the most useful of feedback but generally speaking i couldn't see anything that i would think needs work. I like the bar at the bottom which has all the login/account stuff neat solution.

only possible comment would be the page felt long as the 'pages' are all on the same page. but saying that i loved the cool background pull up as you scroll down.

how does it render on smart phones and tablets?

your page speed is good http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/rb5M...enleycigs.com/

although there is a few bad requests you could get rid of.

Great work

hope that helps.
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site overall looks pretty good. The menu on the left is somewhat hard to read, and on the home page the "elevate your experience" is hard to read as well.

By the way that slogan does not really tell you what you are selling. The sub-slogan you have there is much better. Get rid of "elevate your experience". There is no value in it.

Your product pages ate very nice. Reviews and everything. Real good!
    Maarten

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fully agree, especially with points #2 and #3. Re #2 you might probably want to somehow highlight the benefits of your product (try making the key words bold right in the text), as some visitors might potentially be just 'exploring the market' for the first time and not be knowledgeable enough - timely drawing their attention to the 'key strengths' may result in one more potential customer for you. Re #3 - those guys should definitely be holding your product in their hands.

Depending on your target market/audience you might also want to add a language switcher. Spanish is becoming rather popular these days.

Otherwise looks excellent - nice, well-structured and to the point.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll tell you how I've experienced your project.
    On a 23" inc full HD display it was pretty cool. The first impression was nice.
    First thing to do was to scroll all the way down to see all those beatiful pictures.
    After scrolling to the end, went up and started reading what do you offer.
    So I can only agree with the rest about reconsidering your content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the great suggestions. Spanish is a good idea.. also we definitely need to make the site less wordy and get to the point faster. I am especially worried about the fact that there is not really much info "above the fold" and so we might be confusing people or causing them to have to work too hard to get through to a sale.

Once again thanks for all the critiques! Appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The text 'There is no match' seems misplaced and is way too small - I assume this is a part of your branding and should be more prominent. The social icons looked blurred. I never noticed the footer menu until the end of the review, you may wish to make it more eye catching. The menu on the left works well although I would consider making the text bolder. On my laptop, scrolling down is choppy I assume due to the large image sizes. Overall a well designed site, looks professional.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very nice design. I see contrast issues on the left navigation when i switch backgrounds. The white links on that navigation get lost on the background with lighter/whiter colors. This can be solved by adding an outer glow or drop shadow. I think for the sake of consistency, you could apply the same shadow on "Elevate your experience" to the left navigation. otherwise, nice job!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

The design of the website is pretty good but the problem is in your left menu bar and in footer and also even this website is ecommerce website but you need to put some more content ofn the website for users also Focus on the Page load time.

SitePoint Member James_Thompson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general site is quite good, but I have problems with scrolling down, it goes by jerks. As far as I've understood, "There Is No Match.™" is your moto? So, place it above your logo, it will look more solid.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, the page is too design heavy. It made my scrolling down very slow as the images were taking to load. Use less image and try to make the design simple

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks pretty sharp, but here are a few things I would change:

1. First and foremost, your page loading time is VERY long (at least on my computer). I would definitely work on cutting the loading time down.
    2. The background image seems to prominent somehow. My eyes are drawn to it instead of the text in front of it. I'm not sure how to fix this, aside from possibly making the text bolder or bigger, but I would try to make the text more prominent and the background less so.
    3. Maybe consider having some sort of transition effect between the background images? Right now it's a very harsh transition.
    4. The menu bar on the bottom is overlaying the "our new starter kit books" image in the lower left hand corner, which looks really bad. The image should be moved above the menu bar.

Good looking site!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The look and feel of the website is great. I agree with the comments left on the menu tab & also would possibly consider putting the pricing on the products rather than the click through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, nice site and an interesting product. I love the tag line "There Is No Match". I think that should be a bit more prominent. You should also add a favicon.

I'm not sure that including most content on the home page with just anchors for links is SEO friendly. I'm far from an SEO expert, but it is my understanding that pages with focused content perform better. I'd only keep the Home and Products content, and move everything else to their own pages.

As a former smoker, I was first interested in nicotine content. That info requires too much digging and for some cigs, the info does not appear to be available at all. I'd do three thing to fix that. First, say early on that it does contain nicotine, perhaps with this minor edit of the last sentence of the first paragraph:
    Our state-of-the-art technology delivers the same smoking pleasure and nicotine as traditional tobacco cigarettes but without the smoke, tar, ash or odor.
    On every product page be clear about nicotine content, perhaps with a standard format. Lastly, I'd add a page with a chart showing flavors and nicotine levels. A side benefit could be enhanced SEO from the additional internal links.

The Steps Pack for tapering off nicotine is your most interesting product. Why not include a fourth step with no nicotine? That way you could also market this as a stop-smoking product. Again, as a former smoker, I know that some of the difficulty of stopping is comfort from the routines associated with smoking, the extra activity for your hands and the extra mouth activity. Your product preserves all of these so many people who step down to zero would continue to be customers.

I did have one error. I was on http://www.henleycigs.com/product/re...es/express-kit and tried to go back one page. I received this error: "Problem loading the big image". I then stopped loading, but it was still trying to load a larger image as shown in this attachment:
    henleycigs.jpg
    I looked at the image. It's an unnecessarily large .png - almost 1.5mb. If converted to a .jpg with 100% quality, it would be reduced by more than 55%. With 90% quality, which is visually indistinguishable, the size is reduced almost 90%!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the design, and the parallax, it`s only that it`s very heavy with the images, maybe that aspect should be optimised.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the the way you handled the image transitions, it's inspiring. Not sure of your exact implementation but performance was a bit buggy for me.

I'm curious to know how you are hosting your page because, despite not using a CDN (at least I don't think you are), your images load reasonably well.

My suggestion would be to use a CDN for your images, if your not already, and to combine your various stylesheets and javascript files. I would also consider moving
    the starter kit image to another location, it just felt a bit out of place to me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creating focused Landing Pages is a standard approach for digital campaigns, particularly for engaging the first prospect visit from Google AdWords. Landing pages are often linked to from social media, email campaigns or search engine marketing campaigns in order to enhance the effectiveness of the advertisements. The general goal of a landing page is to convert site visitors into sales leads. A reference landing page presents information that is relevant to the visitor. These can display text, images, dynamic compilations of relevant links, or other elements. Step by step process would help.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website seems perfect to me in my opinion... all the way down to your product pictures, branding and logo... Great Site Overall!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site but very slow to load, try reducing the image sizes or optimising them.

There's also too much information on the one page, I'd split out the less important info onto sub pages and link to them from a menu.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great design, I love the color scheme and the concept. Although:

Your home page is heavy in text, consider making it a bit shorter so first time visitors will see what your offer immediately.
    Images are too high quality. There are ways in which you can compress the image but retain its quality. This is also the reason pages are loading slow.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website looks great! If possible try to reduce the scroll bar of right side.

<snip />
    Last edited by cpradio; Mar 13, 2013 at 06:03. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    It is very good how you have created a 3d effect to your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Design is tough for viewers/customers, Design should be changed to little bit simple with small images. and there should be eye catching offer in which your users will be interested in first veiw.
    hope you got