SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone of you had any experiences with buying domains or complete websites through sites like eBay? They sometimes have the nicest domains for auction for pretty small prices (i think the $1 ones are pretty much fake though), but it concerns me on how things will be arranged afterwards. Ofcourse this varies from the people offering the product, but any general experiences wouild be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day,

Mike
    Mike Ossendrijver
    Sales, AdSensor - Quality Online Marketing
    mike@adsensor.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know specifically about buying domains or sites on eBay, but my husband trades on there a LOT and he really relies on the "rating" that each user there has. For example, if he sees that a user has changed their name in the past 30 days and/or has a really low number of positive reports, then he is really cautious about buying from that person. The feedback function on eBay is one of the things that makes it such a great place to trade (you get kicked off with just 3 negatives!), so I would say definitely check the feedback rating and comments for anyone you're going to purchase something from.