Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: content is king

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

content is king

heard content is king.But there are so [many] spammers that its hard to differentiate the real content and ****?
    Last edited by Shyflower; Jan 8, 2013 at 10:45. Reason: Please do not curse within our threads.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Is it? Spam is so obviously junk, it seems easy to differentiate it from real content. What situations are you thinking of?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Unique content do not include in spammy, make the content in shallow structure with proper unique word.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanket Patel View Post
    I think the Unique content do not include in spammy, make the content in shallow structure with proper unique word.
    That won't work either Sanket. If I'm reading you right, are you saying that a piece of content can be 5 paragraphs of meandering text but if it is unique from the rest of the content on the Internet, it will stand out?

To be honest, I don't think so and for me personally, I do think that this falls under the category of spam too. And if you are doing this for SEO or link building purposes, you will simply lose out to websites that are putting out useful, insightful, meaningful and obviously, unique content.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Liew View Post
    That won't work either Sanket. If I'm reading you right, are you saying that a piece of content can be 5 paragraphs of meandering text but if it is unique from the rest of the content on the Internet, it will stand out?

To be honest, I don't think so and for me personally, I do think that this falls under the category of spam too. And if you are doing this for SEO or link building purposes, you will simply lose out to websites that are putting out useful, insightful, meaningful and obviously, unique content.
    I do agree with @ralph.m ; though. Just about anyone who can read can pick out spam from usable, credible content. So, to keep this thread open, I would like to see more specifics from @evolet pearl ; Threads that generalize rarely make for any kind of good discussion. In fact, you might call them spam.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with ralph.m, Spam can be easily categorized and identified an article or a page with a unique content differentiates itself from other pages because it is well written keeping in mind the interest of the audience and search engine as well, but a unique content thou written with an intention to just get visibility in search engine(i.e, for getting backlinks and SEO Benefit) is also treated as spam.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Liew View Post

Then why anyone can say that Content is king?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but if you are a web developer and need to ask that question, you are in the wrong business. If a web site doesn't have any content, it has no message to deliver on a medium that is made for communication. Please start reading through this forum as we have many posts discussing the importance of quality web content here and then Google up on what the importance of web content is.
    Linda Jenkinson

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Sorry, but if you are a web developer and need to ask that question, you are in the wrong business. If a web site doesn't have any content, it has no message to deliver on a medium that is made for communication. Please start reading through this forum as we have many posts discussing the importance of quality web content here and then Google up on what the importance of web content is.
    I just go through it all. Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, content is King and I don't think anybody is against this. However, content that is developed using a box-checking or % of unique word or keyword repetition approach is a long way from being King on the Internet.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my main bread and butter (fyi not the one in my sig) dropped off google I petitioned them. That and everything else I did seemed to work. My problem is I have such good quality stuff every one steals it. If I copyscape my best pages there are 200 results of strait copy and paste of the whole page. Often the whole site! Hopefully google keeps track of who was first.

SitePoint Enthusiast Michael Medeiros's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanket, I believe there are two views surrounding that belief. First would be to have lots of content. The other would be having unique and quality content. I personally believe it is a good belief. Content is definitely king. However, I don't believe that having lots of pages with spun re-reverberated garbage will do any good. The later idea, quality content, is king.

Not long ago, I watched a Google Developer video expanding on ways to improve a page's content. Ironically, it's not very hard with a modern website. They suggested allowing visitors to interact with commenting. Shallow content, along with commenting, could definitely fine-tune and evolve. I think that saying, less says more, could be a strong philosophy for writing. Especially when visitors can leave comments and develop a page better.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's all about writing skills. It depends that how much knowledge you explore through your content. Isn't it?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not that hard - I am pretty sure you can do that within 5 seconds of looking. Search engines use very advanced techniques to learn that and classify the content correctly. I am pretty sure they will soon be able to that in 99.9% cases correctly. No worries!
    http://www.yourshoutbox.com <- FREE chat for your website - limited offer
    http://www.smartchatbox.com <- let your visitors talk

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, content is king. I've tried spammy content blogs in the past and they worked back than, but for repeat visitors you beed to write decent content that people find useful, plain and simple. These days, I set a schedule for writing and working with writers to produce quality content.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes content king and there's a lot of spammers. I think you should not worry on those spammers as Google would take care of them. The thing for you to do is to create unique and original contents. If you do that and everybody else spams, that should be good for you as you're doing the right thing.
    Visigraph DECALS, BANNERS, SIGNS, and DISPLAYS!

Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. ZERO complaints in 10 years!

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ng_Xen View Post
    Yes content king and there's a lot of spammers. I think you should not worry on those spammers as Google would take care of them. The thing for you to do is to create unique and original contents. If you do that and everybody else spams, that should be good for you as you're doing the right thing.
    I think we need to define what spam is and what it isn't. Copy/paste content isn't spam, it's plagiarism which is both illegal and unethical. Even content that is re-written from another source falls into this category and is called a derivative work under copyright law. I don't want to get into copyright discussions here. There are many well-discussed threads on it in the Business & Legal section of our forums.

Dictionary.com defines spam as a disruptive message. There certainly are a lot of spammy blogs, but that would mean those where the content is continually broken up with advertising messages, not those that contain plagiarized content. Spam in a blog or on a website is usually there because the web owner puts it there.
    Linda Jenkinson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    I think we need to define what spam is and what it isn't. Copy/paste content isn't spam, it's plagiarism which is both illegal and unethical. Even content that is re-written from another source falls into this category and is called a derivative work under copyright law. I don't want to get into copyright discussions here. There are many well-discussed threads on it in the Business & Legal section of our forums.

Dictionary.com defines spam as a disruptive message. There certainly are a lot of spammy blogs, but that would mean those where the content is continually broken up with advertising messages, not those that contain plagiarized content. Spam in a blog or on a website is usually there because the web owner puts it there.
    Very well put!
    ClickXposure.com - PPC Management

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also try proof pics and testimonials. they work good for me

SitePoint Member pauldmitchell13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Evolet Pearl, Content is at the heart of today’s marketing strategies as businesses use websites and blogs to demonstrate their own expertise. But, we have to realize its importance. Everyone should learn how to grow his/her business or sell products by creation powerful contents. You need to build a deep understanding of the needs of your target client base and of where and how you add value. It takes time and skill. Valuable content may not be easy but it is an essential tool if you are going to grow and sustain a successful business in today’s web-driven world.
    Last edited by molona; Feb 9, 2013 at 03:02. Reason: link deleted - wait 90 days for a real signature

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will always be spammers trying to pass crappy articles as good articles. Howerver, when you find such a site, that are just a bunch of articles without any merit, you probably will not go back to it.
    Good sites, with good content win at the end, because users want to keep reading them.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the beginning content is the King and plays great role in SEO and only professional content writers can create real and quality content and not just anyone.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Note: If you're posting about SEO in this forum, rely on your post to be deleted. SEO discussions belong in Internet Marketing.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Enthusiast James Nyams's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true, content is king. There is so much junk that is in form of spam and it is easy to notice it. Actually you can differentiate between quality content (original or real content) from content that is not original (junk).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content is king only as long as the right keywords are used in it. The keyword density also matters a lot when it comes to driving unique traffic to your content.