SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thinks the better way to increase traffic on your website is to do forum posting, social media, social bookmarking and you can do research. Im doing that methods right now and it works well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is blog commenting can still help generating traffic for your website? and how about directories?

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resumebuilder View Post
    Is blog commenting can still help generating traffic for your website? and how about directories?
    Please read the thread. Both those areas have been discussed.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by using directory submissions, social book marking, articles submissions and forum posting are the good way to increase traffic on web sites and social media technique such as Facebook,Twitter, etc also very helpful for increase traffic.

SitePoint Enthusiast seoexperttools's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or if you are really desperate, you can use some click ring site such as Addmefast in order to drive more traffic to your site. Of course these traffic are just for show and sooner or later you will have to find a way to get real and relevant traffic. But at least this can buy you time why you figure out what to do.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Final warning: Sega is looking for specific ideas which other members have tried and tested and found to be successful. He is also looking for sources of reliable information - either books or on-line. Please answer the specific questions raised in his first post, or your reply will be deleted as fluff.

And please don't suggest black hat techniques, such as buying "traffic".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another great way to get traffic is press release distribution. Write a good press release or outsource it. Then publish to one or more distribution service or outsource. This way your site's news spread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sega View Post
    I have gotten to a stage where I have to increase their online traffic on a few website.

I would prefer not to have to spend lots of money with Google advertising. I have in the past and I have seen a direct relation to the internet traffic and the money spent.

I use social media, which works well, but maybe not as well as I would have liked. I find that youtube videos work well with Facebook. Unfortunately those videos don't belong to the customers.

Another option is to use http://fiverr.com for promotional methods. Then I could possible upload the videos from there onto the customers social media channel.

Search engine optimization is also important, but this mostly goes down to the content and page structure. It always helps if what is being advertised has a demand, if not then any SEO efforts are likely to go to waste.

Does anybody have any tips of increase a websites traffic. Also if there are any books recommended or websites that could help me do this.
    Doing SEO surely increase the traffic but it needs some times. The SEO wont generate the traffic in one night but it will constantly increase the traffic of the website. Social media is another way to get more traffic. Creating pages in facebook, Google+ and posting the updates everyday will attract the people to get notified. Creating web2.0 blogs and maintain the blogs with unique content will generate the referral traffic to your site.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Jack Sparrow ;

Off Topic:

Love your name! =D

I know there is a lot of work to be done, which is completely understandable. It's about finding out the methods that DO work so we're not wasting time on irrelavent methods. In the end it boils down to money and not wasting your customers money. If you do you'd be percieved as a scammer, and the very last thing I want to do is be labelled as such.

How can we guarantee anything in this field? or know it will work? Much of this work is speculation and we're expecting clients to trust our speculation.
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do nothing but create a facebook page. Get likes above 10,000. You will surely have 200+ visits weeklycoming from Facebook.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by royrobin View Post
    Do nothing but create a facebook page. Get likes above 10,000. You will surely have 200+ visits weeklycoming from Facebook.
    Where did you get these figures from? What's your basis for this claim? And how do you suggest Sega gets 10,000 Facebook likes? If you're suggesting buying likes, forget it - they're worthless.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some most common way to increase website traffic are:
    1. First of all website's content should be unique and amount of good quality.
    2. Write Guest blog post for your own site.
    3. Write an Articles.
    5. Search Engine Submission.
    6. Being tagging image.
    7. Submit your blog to Search Engine.
    8. Link exchange with other people in your field.
    9. Start your own blog directory.
    10. Do something unique for your site.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email marketing. Start building your lists and provide good content at least once a month, and promote something between each email blast.
    Aweber is a great tool for that and you can link your blog so the email blast is done automatically.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it depends on the niche of site you have. For example, for money making online site, it is best to increase traffic with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, or via forum marketing and guest posting. At least for me, forum posting works the best to increase traffic.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many ways to increase website traffic

1. Offer free, original, and quality content on your site.
    2. Supplement your original content.
    3.Trying to get more backlinks on your website this may help to increase the traffic.
    4.focusing your content on keywords related to your topic
    5.Use social media.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sega View Post
    I have gotten to a stage where I have to increase their online traffic on a few website.

I would prefer not to have to spend lots of money with Google advertising. I have in the past and I have seen a direct relation to the internet traffic and the money spent.

I use social media, which works well, but maybe not as well as I would have liked. I find that youtube videos work well with Facebook. Unfortunately those videos don't belong to the customers.

Another option is to use http://fiverr.com for promotional methods. Then I could possible upload the videos from there onto the customers social media channel.

Search engine optimization is also important, but this mostly goes down to the content and page structure. It always helps if what is being advertised has a demand, if not then any SEO efforts are likely to go to waste.

Does anybody have any tips of increase a websites traffic. Also if there are any books recommended or websites that could help me do this.
    The best thing now a days google giving preference is to post the youtube videos related to you website or blog. The google prefer the websites having youtube videos affiliated to them to increase the rank. The idea of mine is, as the rank increases the website comes to the page up and the traffic increases. I have been using this since 15 days and got good result.
    Thanks
    Doug

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do all SEO, social media and social bookmarking. Only SEO works the best. Most traffics come from google. But it depends on your business and what type of traffic you want.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for my opinion Social MEdia can help getting traffc, U can use facebook, twitter, google plus etc

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Share your pages in social networking sites as it reaches people world wide it will give considerable traffic for the site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think easy and fast way to drive more traffic to your site is social networking you can use facebook, twitter, google plus and youtube. But don't trust on traffic seller who claim to provide thousands of hits in few hours.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the end I think we all need out own mini guild to increasing traffic, something which works. I might need to create my own.
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internet is a widely spread medium which can be used to promote your website to billions of people. Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing, Display Advertising etc are options available to promote your website. Initially, you can work more on SEO, Social media, Blogs posting, Forums posting, Article submission. Once you start receiving traffic on your company site, you sign up for Advertisement, Adwords etc to promote your site. This options can be used to once when you are getting good amount of traffic and you are in stage were you wish to increase your traffic more and not depend upon SEO work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the words used by us should be very targeting. Precise words which convey maximum information can definitely help increasing traffics. Additionally, we should also consider that no repetitive information is not used.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want your website are good traffic first of all you keyword selection are relevant to your website niche and try to ranked your website keywords follow off page seo techniques and taking a good page rank do follow back links and next you go social media site and promote your website products or brands i hope you get o good traffic after some days nice job keep it up

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sega I would suggest you to use some email marketing software.Buy or use any email marketing software on the web and ask people to subscribe to your newsletters and provide them with certain offers(like an ebook or something else) upon subscribing.Post really good content in your newsletter so that it grabs reader's attention.These softwares comes with built in templates which adds to the looks of your newsletter, choose the most suitable one and start working.After you have a decent number of subscribers, you can ask them to visit your website for detailed information.