Hey all...

First time poster. I have a client with 2 domain names...

hpas.com
distributorsfirst.com

Each domain name currently points to it's own server space, but you will notice that the 2 sites are actually exactly the same. The reason why they did this (many years ago) is they purchased HPAS.com for it's great organic listings. But the company's primary site (distributorsfirst.com) was already set up. Rather than just park or point HPAS.com to the company site, they decided to keep it entirely separate. Over time the two sites remained separate, but the content became the same.

Turns out this has worked. HPAS.com continues to generate great organic listings in Google, and DistributorsFirst.com is advertised via Adwords.

So here's the rub...

Now the client wants to transition to a Wordpress site. So we're moving to a new server (Hostgator), and need to consolidate. My thinking is to make HPAS.com the primary domain name, and park DistributorsFirst.com. But I'm not sure.

The company's actual name is Distributors First & all email is based of this domain name. As Wordpress requires a primary domain name, it would be nice for it to be DistributorsFirst.com. But I'm thinking if I set it up this way, and park HPAS.com as the secondary (or should I do a 301 redirect instead?) it will destroy my organic listings in Google.

Anyone have any suggestions / know what's best practice? Many many thanks in advance.

--Bryan