SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok... now the GP F1 of USA has just ended... AND M SCHUMACHER WON (in a FERRARI) and R Barichello (in a Ferrari) got second I thought it'll be time for this thread

BTW: I'm a huge Formula 1 fan and especialy fan of M Schumacher and Ferrari.

I have seen CART races which were pretty boring. Just cars driving in an oval. No fun on that. I think drivers see the F1 as the highest they can get because GP Montoya (CART champ) is going to Williams (an F1 team) next year.

So.. what do you think? And what do those who never saw F1 and now that it came to the USA and saw it think of it?

Christophe

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no competition, F1 is THE BEST! I go to the British Grand Prix every years and this year I was goign to Barcelona too but I didn't make it so I am postponing it for next year. McLaren is the best, at least they do not cheat! .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Nicky
    There is no competition, F1 is THE BEST! I go to the British Grand Prix every years and this year I was goign to Barcelona too but I didn't make it so I am postponing it for next year. McLaren is the best, at least they do not cheat! .
    Well I can remember several races they really did. When there was never proof of ferrari cheating.

BTW.... Where were all those McLaren fans when mcLaren was bad? oh yes... All Williams fan who switched since Williams wasn't good anymore. Ferrari fans are much more loyal.

Christophe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chritophe - I totally agree. There are a lot of fans who are only fans know because McLaren is winning or because Shumacher is the most famous person they have heard of. I must hand it over to the REAL Tiffossi, they do support through thick and thin. I myself was a McLaren fan BEFORE Mika ever won anything. The first time I saw that car drive I fell in love with it. It was Mika driving it so I fell in love with him too . You must admit though that the way the FIA has been handling things lately is a luaghing matter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was with m Schumacher the first time he stepped in a F1 car, being a Jordan at that time. But I always wanted him to drive in a Ferrari

So everything came out pretty good.

Christophe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always been a Jordan fan - they are just so rock n' roll compared to all the rest!?
    But after going the Brtish GP last year I have to say that F1 sucks for the spectator! - The cars a just to d*mn fast?!
    I am more into GT racing, like Le Mans, the cars are much more interesting than those F1 aeroplanes-on-wheels.
    I have been to about 5 of the British GT rounds this year and they beat F1 hands down. (http://www.powertour.co.uk/)
    BUT how you guys put up with oval circuits - I do not know?

Mike
    P.S. I like Ferrari's but M.Schumacher is like the Man-United of F1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's the best -everybody knows it- but nobody wants to admit it

Christophe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit it!
    I think Michael Schumacher is the BEST driver - of his generation. (Nobody can beat Senna.) But winning an F1 championship is not all about the driver, unfortunately being with Ferrarri has yet to pay off for him.

And seeing as I have admitted this, maybe you can also give Mika Hakkinen credit for winning 2 world championships. Admitetdley he has had the backing of a very good car, but it doesn't drive iteself does it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Mika Hakkinen doesn't test near as much as M Schumacher (nor does any driver), M Hakkinen doesn't have the knowledge about the cars like SChumacher does (Schumacher has an A diploma in car techniques(or something like that))

McLaren only had the biggest budget for a long time.. Now Ferrari has it And McLaren has the best designer. But that's about all.

Christophe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit he's a d*mn fine driver - I just think he's an arrogant S-O-B (and arrogance is not one of my favourite personality trates!)
    I reckon a lot of it is to do with the money and technology available to the top teams - look at how well Eddie Irvine was doing last year and look at him in the Jag
    There are some amazing drivers in F3 - look at Antonio Pizzonia or Tomas Scheckter, they where way ahead of Jenson Button in F3 last year and he isn't exactly the slowest guy on the grid in F1?
    I reckon its time for the golden oldies to move over!

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <rant>
    Cart sucks,nascar sucks, ferrari suck , Schumi sucks
    Hakkinen rules, Mclaren Rule (not mercedes at the moment though ) Newey rules and Ron is da man.
    </rant>

Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...bring back BRM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Driver ranking:
    1. M Schumacher -> Ferrari
    2. Hakkinen -> McLaren Mercedes
    3. Coulthard -> McLaren Mercedes
    4. Barichello -> Ferrari

Team ranking:
    1. Ferrari
    2. Mclaren
    3. Williams
    4. Jordan
    4. Benetton

I think that declares who's the best and who is not

Those guys in F3 aren't near as talented as M Schumacher... Schumacher drove one year in F3 and made such a big impression ( Ithink he got champ right away) so that he was directly brought in F1 and 1 race later to a top team.

btw.. Did you know M Schumacher always was ahead of M Hakkinen while those two were carting in their early ages?

Christophe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by velocity
    <rant>
    Cart sucks,nascar sucks, ferrari suck , Schumi sucks
    Hakkinen rules, Mclaren Rule (not mercedes at the moment though ) Newey rules and Ron is da man.
    </rant>

This is typically a McLaren fan.... Look at the bolded text. And if Hakkinen doesn't drive well he doesn't rule and if the chassis is bad and they can't win let's switch to Williams or Jordan...

Tifosi rule! I'm one

Christophe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Mika is way cuter .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ferrari are evil there is no taking that away from them. Ferrari will do anything to win and they don't care. thats why schumi is well suited there. Mclaren are ultra professional team thats why i like them. the reason i said that it mercedes is i feel they have badly let mclaren down this year and have cost mclaren both championships and i am not talking about the engine blow at the US gp alone, all teams from time to time have problems. Mercedes still rule , they have just made a few mistakes. No one is perfect

[Edited by velocity on 09-26-2000 at 12:30 PM]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yah and i like mclaren for what they stand for and the way they act. If they droped down behind Williams or Jordan i would still support mclaren as much. Although i am already a fan of both jordan and williams just not as much as mclaren. I am a mclaren fan though and though i understand what you are saying but not all of us are glory supporters. I am with mclaren though thick and thin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ferrari and Mclaren are both real classy old teams - can't take it away from them.
    Mercedes are proving to be a bit crap all round (like with the A-Class roll-over trick!!)
    Schumachers days are numbered - Antonia Pizzonia 2002 World Champion - mark my words...
    This argument is getting a bit tiresome now C-ya

Mike
    P.S. I think Mr Schumacher showed the world what a fine and honourable driver he was when he tried to take out Jaques Villenuve on the final race of the championship all those years ago...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a European thread or something? I don't really even know what those two things are. I mean, I know they are like for Race Cars. Vroom!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why the oval circuit was invented... vroom-vroom indeed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey

Specifications of the Ferrari F1-2000: http://www.ferrari.it/comsport/formula1.e/f12000.html
    http://www.schumacher-fanclub.com/F1-2000.htm

Nice pictures of Schumacher in his Ferrari:
    http://michaelschumacher.com/ms2000-car-front.jpg
    http://www.shell-ferrari.com/gallery...on/default.htm

Just see for yourself The cars are really cool...

Christophe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also.. This thread should be international as the F1 comes :

2 times to North America (USA and Canada)
    2 times to south America (Brasil and Argentina)
    2 times to Asia (Malaysya and Japan)
    1 time to Australia (Melbourne)
    10 times to Europe (Belgium, UK, Germany (2), France, Spain, Portugal, Italy (2) and Austria)

Overall the GP of Francherchamps, Belgium is the most loved by all drivers. So I'm pretty proud of that fact

Christophe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What GPs have peopel been to. Chritophe, Belgium is also one of the cheaper ones is it not? Maybe next eyar I can go and stay with you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Nicky
    What GPs have peopel been to. Chritophe, Belgium is also one of the cheaper ones is it not? Maybe next eyar I can go and stay with you!
    belgium is much cheaper than the UK and France, but I'm not sure the seats are cheaper... Cause mostly in Francherchamps you get to see REAL ACTION not cars driving behind eachother like in Silverstone

Well... You will have to wear red only clothes than and carry a flag of Ferrari with you if you want to stay with me

Christophe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chritophe, seriously now. I admire F1 supporters regardless of what team they support. 2 years in a row now I have sat next to Ferrarri supporters at GPs and made good friends with them no problems. There is no hooliganism at F1 (at least not in the UK). People respect each other and even though we all support different teams we are primarily there for our love of the sport.