Hello people,

I am building a website for my university. I need a shared hosting account for 2-3 months for testing the performance, so that based on that I can tell my college management on what to get but I will have to shell out the money from my pocket for the initial 2-3 months. Hence, inclined towards shared.

So these are my requirements:
10GB of space for the files, presentations, etc.
2k students downloading 500mb of data each, so around 1-2TB bandwidth.
Outgoing mail system, preferably 1-2k an hour or 5k a day.
A forum system where 2000 members actively interact.
A quiz system inbuilt in the site or along with the forums, please let me know a plugin to conduct quizzes in forums powered by phpbb.

I looked out on reviews on many sites. These are the sites I checked out. HostGator, 1and1, iPage, BlueHost, JustHost, HostMonster, BigRock, GoDaddy, etc. I found HostGator serving most of my needs if not all. But with mixed reviews all over the internet, I need some help. I did have a chat with a few of them too.

Also, I want to know how much will my expense be if I use AWS or RackSpace or Heroku. I am new to cloud and I don't understand their fancy terms at all. I need the monthly expense estimate.

I will move to dedicated or VPS only after it goes live and when my Univ pays. But help me with going about for the next 2-3 months. Which plan do I opt for?

Thank you