User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple 1 page review - Poll results

Hi,

I'm looking for a review of a single page - the page view for results of a poll.

(here's a quick thumbnail -- click through to see the page)

20121224012345-screen.gif

But there's a small catch --- please review this from the perspective of using this page outside of a sales website! (Please don't tell me how to get someone to click to my homepage or something).

The page is designed as the front-facing results page of live-event polling. Meaning, as a speaker or entertainer gives their talk (or whatever) they ask their audience to respond via an interactive poll. The results are updated live, in real-time (you can try it if you want -- I promise, your number will be deleted).

I'm looking for feedback about the usability and look of the product from the perspective of an event attendee. Please let me know especially if you have a problem viewing it (or something doesn't look right!). A screen capture would be awesome! But not necessary.

Please review it with the following questions in mind (but others are great too).

1) Is it good looking?

2) Is it easy to understand? Remember, someone will be there walking the audience through it, but for most people, they should be able to just look at it and know what's happening (again, in the context of a live event). Would this accurately describe this page?

Any suggestions you might have for improvement, as well as alternative ideas (I will be adding themes to choose from, however, this is the only one at the moment).

I am primarily concerned with FORM.

Go to: ballotbox.es

Much thanks for your help!
    Have I helped you? You could help me.
    Like my business on facebook!
    Text message polls with real-time, live results.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so hopefully i have the right end of the stick....

It looks ok but a bit unbranded i guess i wouldn't know who this belonged to as such, so if someone else did the same but with branding i'd assume it was the same and you would lose business.

How does this read on a smart phone (as i assume this is what people would be using to vote)? is the heading font easy to read? Are you having to create a graphic each time for the heading? if so i would think about doing it differently and perhaps using CSS and uploading a font so it is actual text not an image.

You use the word 'keywords below' but i might not know what the said keywords are. e.g. i might think i need to send 'Red 287 / 295' maybe i am assuming the user is dumb but you know some people really need even the simplest things to be even simpler sometimes. Also i am assuming they might have had a drink or 2 if they are in an audience so they won't be thinking their best, possibly. Have a look at 'pop idol' type voting they always put something like - text 'bob' to 32436543 to vote for bob - so there can be no confusion about what they need to send.

Just my thoughts, hope they help
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

It remains unbranded because it's a service you purchase as a speaker. The speaker gives a presentation, they don't want to me to be putting my logo right in the middle of it.

I'll look at the idea of simplifying the instructions, though, the idea is that it is a presentation tool, so the presenter will be saying, "text red to...", ect. But you're right, having it clearer may increase response rate.

No, the header is not an image, it is CSS.

Readable on smart phones. But no, you vote by texting your answers, not by visiting the site. The presenter can view the results of the poll on a phone or can receive them by text message. However, they would usually put them up on screen and watch the results live with everyone else. But I suppose I should make sure they can view on a phone (as not all presentations have displays)! Thanks!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahh sorry my mistake thought it was an image in the header

also figured you would be asking people to view it on phones so again my fault for not understanding and i can see that it would prob be clearer with someone explaining it on a large screen.

I think it is nice and big and clear though, and nicely aligned. And i guess easy to read at a distance as it is a nice size font easily distinguished from the background.

I know you said you don't really want sales comments and I can see your concerns but i would still try and subtlety work my logo/brand a bit more into the screen, if there are people in the audience thinking 'this is fantastic and would work for my presentation' you surely want them walking out the door knowing your brand or at least remembering some little logo? Think Ebay, Twitter, Mac etc you know the logo's/colours as soon as you see them even out of context. Not saying plaster it all over the screen just a little more obvious maybe.

But even if you don't change anything it looks like it should do the job really well. Good luck

HTH
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the follow up Noppy. I put a "powered by" at the bottom (kinda duplicates the "copy right"). Having a logo designed. It'll be a two color logo, so we can fit it in unobtrusively. Perhaps just make it look like it was stamped or embossed on. Get a bit of branding in there. And your idea sparked a great one. We can put in a universal keyword, and toss it in at the bottom too.

Like STOP. We'll also have ABUSE, but maybe we'll have MYPOLL or something simliar on the bottom (e.g. "Text MYPOLL to get your own poll"). It has to be a relatively unused keyword. Something like "INFO" could cause collisions (obviously we would prevent users from using our keywords, like STOP, ABUSE, but we don't want to take away wanted keywords from them... though maybe we'll take info

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is pretty nice - maybe that question font is a little bit too unreadable. It is weird that answers are color and all is blue, but that just a sample . I think the design is nice. You could put more focus on the brand maybe.
    http://www.yourshoutbox.com <- FREE chat for your website - limited offer
    http://www.smartchatbox.com <- let your visitors talk