SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mozilla is boggling my mind!

I have a relatively simple layout unfolding using tables. It's here: http://www.readingzero.com/index2.html

The problem I am having that I can NOT seem to figure out the reason why is, in Mozilla 1.1a I get a gap on the left and bottom whereas IE 6 renders it perfectly. Now, when I had all images and no flash there on the left, Mozilla was perfect. I double checked the flash insets and they are the same height/width as the static images were that were there. Any idea what my problem could be before I make my bald spot even more vast here?

gingham dress, army boots... silver trophy redux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is due to mozilla's different interpretation of the "proper" box model...have a look at this thread for a good clarification http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...lla+images+gap
    re·dux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively
    [latin : re-, re- + dux, leader; see duke.]
    WaSP Accessibility Task Force Member
    splintered.co.uk | photographia.co.uk | redux.deviantart.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried all the tricks they mentioned and still nothing. When I add the general td img one it whacked me out even more. I removed the Doc Type line completely to at least see how it would look and I still have the gap there. Strange!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to have (for the time being at the point in the design process I am in) found a solution or workaround for this. Instead of having my table on one level, I nested a separate table on the left nav side and put all the left side images within that and it seemed to take away the gaps. I still have a headache though...