SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Entertainment Center (Movies, Games & Music)

Hello everyone

My website is http://www.oninez.com/

You can play flash games, watch movies, talk to people on the chat room, listen to the online radio, join the forums, & lots more. This has 19 days of work into it and I'm an unexperienced web designer, but please review anyways- thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, I like the design and functionality of the website, the navigational menu is clean and quick and has a nice 'feel' (design) to it, the website is basic; which is a good thing, believe me, it allows users to quickly be able to find what they want rather than spend the hassle of finding it.
    A couple of things I have to comment and query about; First, the front page and logo designs are different; Why?, Having different coloured logos means that your 'brand' seems to be changing a lot in which means older members may not recognise the brand.
    Secondly, A query; Is your website hosted in a secure offshore, place (Eg; China, Germany, Hongkong); You are hosting, or mirroring Illegal content (Movies) in which if you are hosted in USA you will most likely receive a few DMCA Copyright claims with the possibility of Extradition; Ensure that if you are mirroring Illegal Content, Host your Website in Germany/HK/China

Sincerely
    -Ngokillr

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngokillr View Post
    First off, I like the design and functionality of the website, the navigational menu is clean and quick and has a nice 'feel' (design) to it, the website is basic; which is a good thing, believe me, it allows users to quickly be able to find what they want rather than spend the hassle of finding it.
    A couple of things I have to comment and query about; First, the front page and logo designs are different; Why?, Having different coloured logos means that your 'brand' seems to be changing a lot in which means older members may not recognise the brand.
    Secondly, A query; Is your website hosted in a secure offshore, place (Eg; China, Germany, Hongkong); You are hosting, or mirroring Illegal content (Movies) in which if you are hosted in USA you will most likely receive a few DMCA Copyright claims with the possibility of Extradition; Ensure that if you are mirroring Illegal Content, Host your Website in Germany/HK/China

Sincerely
    -Ngokillr
    Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Everything is changing a lot because it has been only the first 20 days, and it probably won't go steady until 3-5 months later. I have all the copyright things down on the disclaimer- terms page. I'm not hosting anything on this website besides the content I originally made. The movies are embedded players from other websites, and it's legal to post these movies as long as I didn't originally upload them to my website. I can plead not responsible for it because I'm not really hosting it.

Thanks again for the feedback, much appreciated!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait actually, can someone please tell me if it's legal or not to post 3rd party sites that may contain copyright infringements in the USA? myvidster.com had a trial about it, they host in the USA, and court says not guilty..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked a couple lawyers, seems like it was copyright infringements xD

I'll try to replace this movie section with something else.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not 'technically' I have studied law for 2 years now, and USA law does not cover embedding of other websites, it is only hosting that is the illegal part, BUT, USA CAN do it or at least to the extent of shutting down your website and the possibility of Extradition, hence why I gave you the advice; Purchase a Hong kong or Germany Dedicated server... It is impossible for USA to shut those down (Preferably Hong kong)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngokillr View Post
    It is not 'technically' I have studied law for 2 years now, and USA law does not cover embedding of other websites, it is only hosting that is the illegal part, BUT, USA CAN do it or at least to the extent of shutting down your website and the possibility of Extradition, hence why I gave you the advice; Purchase a Hong kong or Germany Dedicated server... It is impossible for USA to shut those down (Preferably Hong kong)
    I'm really confused now :\ I asked the professional lawyers here-

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is...t-1049652.html

All of them says it is illegal in California Law- and that's where I'm from.

But how do I purchase a hong kong or germany dedicated server? This isn't really a company, it's just a website of 1 admin providing frames/links to other websites.. so if buying a server is something that's really for big professional companies, I can't do it xP

Anyways, I deleted all the movie pages and added a TV shows section. It only links to the other website though :\ but everything is all legal.

Also made some random websites <snip> and <snip>, made both for $1.50 for the domain and free hosting
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Dec 23, 2012 at 07:18. Reason: URLs removed

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

Please note that you may only have one site reviewed per thread. If you want reviews of your other sites, you'll need to apply for a new review in the usual way.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very gloomy and uncomfortable...

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still need user friendly features more........great work

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoppingMonk View Post
    Still need user friendly features more........great work
    Thank You I've added a feature where members can post links to streaming videos on TV Shows. I'll try to make a Movie section as well. I also added a Funny Pics today

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design. It's really good and attractive. Get going buddy...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website colours are too dark. Your drop-down menus are crap. There is barely any content on your website. You have a long way to go darling.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game icons too small

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the main color of this website. It is simply too dark for a good user experience.

The menus are nicely done.

About pages i suggest that you make better images for each category, put some border around that rounded images or round them less and make them bigger. Today many people likes to see the stuff they're browsing bigger, and not so small that you hardly look at it.

Forums background is also very dark... try to improve on design, make it cleaner, improve the logo... and you will definetly attract much more returning customers than you do now.

Also take your time and add even more games, ... and work on categorization, try to add block that is suggesting similar games... expose games that are multiplayer,.. etc.

Overall i think that your site still needs lots of improvement, so i warmly suggest that you work on that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Cool site I really like the home page lay out and the writing that is in spray paint fashion. I also like that you have south park and family guy on your page I am a fan of both show's. Will you be adding more TV shows in the future?
    the site is easy to use all the links that I clicked worked and the page functions and a very good speed as well. I really like the green logo it goes so well with the black background I am thinking of using some coloring like that in my site. You have all the classic games that I grew up on sonic the hedge hog Mario brothers Street fighter man that game brings back memories. this is a great site I will be back to play games soon. Keep up the good work!!