SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Advisor silver trophybronze trophy
    dresden_phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,816
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    On the morning of the day of the Apocalypse...

    On the morning of the day of the Apocalypse Willy woke up and made himself bacon and eggs and rye toast
    He didn't usually eat bacon, but since today was such a special day, he figured why not,
    Like most people these days, he had a hard time keeping his food down,
    But that didn't stop Willy from eating He enjoyed food to much.
    Willy went outside, he loved to breathe fresh air, but he went outside anyway
    He decided to head across the street and visit his good friend Bob.
    When Willy got to Bob's house, he found that Bob, in utter despair, Had shot himself in the head.
    "Some people have no patience whatsoever" Willy proclaimed,
    "Well, I'm not going to kill myself, I'm sticking it out, today's a special day
    The last day of planet Earth and I'm going to enjoy myself
    Maybe today I won't go to the health spa,
    Maybe I'll just stay here and drink all of Bob's beer
    Or maybe when Bob's wife comes home, I'll take her out dancing
    Yeah, that's it! Dancing!!!"
    I'm going home to get changed Willy raced out the door into the street, not noticing the runaway steamroller
    That flattened him into a pancake in less that one second
    The World would have to end without Willy.


    Happy end of the world SitePoint!

  2. #2
    From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    guido2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    9,506
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Only 4 hours and 25 minutes remaining here. So far so good.

  3. #3
    Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    16,862
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The world ended over ten hours ago but so far I haven't noticed any difference between how things were when we were alive and what things are like now with us dead. Is this supposed to be heaven or is it supposed to be hell?
    Stephen J Chapman

    javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

  4. #4
    Gre aus'm Pott gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Pullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,000
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    Is this supposed to be heaven or is it supposed to be hell?
    Now that the world didn't end, Christmas looms with my extended family ... probably hell!

  5. #5
    dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    spikeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    13,807
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    WORST_APOCALYPSE_EVER
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....

  6. #6
    Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    16,862
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ View Post
    WORST_APOCALYPSE_EVER

    I disagree. The worst apocalypse of the last 50 years would have to be Y2K - because if it were not for the efforts of tens of thousands of programmers who rewrote code over the preceding few years would have actually occurred. Just because the actual crashes after the day were few enough to be fixed before the general public noticed almost everyone not actually involved thinks that it wasn't real. Perhaps we should have let that apocalypse happen and then hardly anyone would know that the Myan calendar just ended.

    There are plenty of other apocalypses of the 20th and 21st Centuries that were also at least as bad as this latest one.
    Stephen J Chapman

    javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member polarbearman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The day before, some ppl around me keep talking abt it. lol.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    The world ended over ten hours ago but so far I haven't noticed any difference between how things were when we were alive and what things are like now with us dead. Is this supposed to be heaven or is it supposed to be hell?
    Yah! Totally! ahehehe... People started it when we entered y2k. I guess nobody really knows when it's going to end. It's better to live and enjoy life then worry about when it ends.
    Visigraph DECALS, BANNERS, SIGNS, and DISPLAYS!

    Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. ZERO complaints in 10 years!

  9. #9
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,259
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dresden_phoenix View Post
    Happy end of the world SitePoint!
    I'm afraid that the day was a regular day for me... but then it seemed that there was no apocalyse whatsoever...

    I'm sorry for Bob... not only because he killed himself but obviously his good "friend" Willy had something going on with his wife...

  10. #10
    SitePoint Mentor bronze trophy
    John_Betong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    1,882
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I knew the world would not end because...

    world-cannot-end-because.png
    Learn how to be ready for The New Move to Discourse

    How to make Make Money Now with a *NEW* look

    Be sure to congratulate Wolfshade on earning Member of the Month for August 2014

  11. #11
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,259
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Betong View Post
    I knew the world would not end because...

    world-cannot-end-because.png


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •