SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done some work on getting the favicon to show in all browsers, can anyone let me know if they see it?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks awesome! And easier to navigate. I think it's great!

Another suggestion might be to swap out the Awesome things with something that doesn't point the user away from your content. Maybe most commented stuff, or your favourite projects or something like that (sorry about the Canadian spelling )
    Have I helped you? You could help me.
    Like my business on facebook!
    Text message polls with real-time, live results.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changed the fonts around to match the logo better. I feel like the whole site is a bit more cohesive now.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have done a good job.I advice you to continue your efforts
    faithfully. but make the color management more better.good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no more to say than: its an awesome website, you've invested lots of hard work in it, congratulations!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! The site looks amazing. I love how the nav looks on my iPhone. Keep it up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to say that man, this is one of the few design portfolio websites I've seen that stands out. I recently posted an ad that I was hiring a website designer for my own website and it was tough to even tell the portfolios apart. Having said that, I guess it depends on what you really want your website to do. If you want it to get you more clients then what exactly do you do? If i had to guess before I dug into your profile text I would say that you're another illustrator.

I'm not so sure that I would hire an illustrator to design a website for my own business. Then again I have only hired one illustrator in my life. If you want to get clients who are willing to pay for website then you are going to have to show websites. In any event, what do your clients have to say about the work you have done for them?

I don't see any testimonials on your site.

I hope some of what I am saying gives you food for thought. I only say what I would think if I were looking to hire a designer for one of my own projects right now and I know it's easy to get caught up in the design when sometimes...

It's the content that clients are looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice Design , I like your hover effect but your background color in not so good , if you change it your design will be look cool

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the overall feel of it, but some things don't line out like they should. For example in the footer your 3 "columns" all end at a different point. Same with the 8 small boxes just above the footer. They are smaller then the 4 boxes above and longer als the side bar. This makes it look a bit messy. Als the space between the sidebar, the 4 boxes and the 8 small boxes are all different.

Besides these points a really good looking website! keep up the good work.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now, presenting the first change in actual CONTENT in quite awhile.

The navigation now has drop-down options, since I realized I needed to expand.

There is a testimonials page under Work, and the Portfolio section of the site is split into three categories (Illustration, Branding, and Web Design)

http://keithpickering.net/portfolio/

Take a look!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great site ! very easy to use and read I do not see many websites any more with a full black background but you have made it work. I like your about keeping web browsers up to date I also think is important I looked at you site on my computer so have not seen how it looks on mobile but I think more and more people are using mobile every day and any site that does not function well on mobile will soon fall behind. congratulations on your site and keep up the good work.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your'e designs look pretty good. My advice is to try fiverr just for practice, later if of course people find your designs attractive you could create your own business and keep the clients from fiverr or similar website.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you Praveen, Adding textures can complete the design.

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jan 13, 2013 at 09:39. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature