SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook actually picks the thumbnail image from the webpage, sometimes it may not pick up the thumbnails of the image on the page. You cant decide on which thumbnail you want to see in the post.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just page the url in status, you will get image preview, based on that, select the image which you want to display in facebook.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for sharing i am just looking for this option for inserting images.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could not insert a link to any images on Facebook.You could able to add image and insert a link in above that image.only in article and classified submissions,we could able to insert a link to image.

SitePoint Enthusiast ReferralCandy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally own a blog and have faced issues when trying to get Facebook to extract thumbnails from the images in my blog posts. If Facebook doesn't seem to come up with a thumbnail when you are trying to share your article, insert the link to your article on this page https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug, which will trigger Facebook to generate a thumbnail for your page.

A long term solution that will ensure that thumbnails will be generated from your site would be to insert Facebook meta tags in your site. If you are using Wordpress, there are several plugins (e.g. Wordpress SEO by Yoast) that will help you automatically create the tags each time you create a post.

Hope this helps!

- Aaron

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can link directly to your Facebook page using a facebook button by following the instructions below: Find or Create a Facebook "F" or "Find us on Facebook" logo image...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Friends,
    I have also same problem, Not create a link of my picture which i post in facebook. If any one know how to post an image in facebook with hyperlink so tell us.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my own experience, once you paste a link on your status, it automatically gets a picture from the page you're about the share. Once it appears, that's the time you post it on your wall or your Facebook page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found quick and simple solution to this issue. Open Image url in a window, then just drag it with the mouse into facebook. There will lit up "drop link/image here" in post field, drop it and it will show as a big thumbnail