Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be really grateful for a review of my site

Hey guys,
    I would like to get some reviews of this site please

www.email-marketing-tips.com

It's a site designed to help those people that want to make money online through email marketing, there are many posts with heaps of information and there are free ebooks for those poeple that want to learn more. Then there are products chock-a-block full of information that have a 30 day money back guarantee if you choose to buy them. I would really appreciate if you guys could have a look and give me some feedback on the site. You might even learn a thing or two from there.I'd love to generate more of a following so hopefully you'll find it interesting.

Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by ralph.m; Dec 18, 2012 at 00:32.

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple design and clean layout. What I like about it is it's not bombarded with ads and pop-ups. And I think the content is also interesting. So good luck to your site.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much, I will try to keep it that way

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Elliott. Here are things I noticed...

Mechanics:
    - The design is clean and easy-to-read. I think that plain white background with black text is the most professional.
    - Your meta-description is pretty awful from an SEO perspective - as a website owner looking at your site and considering your service it would make me think you don't really know what you're talking about (sorry, you evidently do, but that's the impression it gives...)
    - It's not a responsive design. If your customers are website owners, many will be using mobile devices and expecting any professional web services site to be easy-to-read on a modern device

Marketing:
    (I am a ecommerce website owner who has never done email marketing, so I looked at your site with special interest...)
    - it was not effective at capturing my attention and moving me to action. The first impression was "It's just another blog"
    - you really need to get your marketing message ABOVE the fold (above the list of blog posts)
    - taking a fast look at the home page does not inform us of important things like:
    a) WHO is this website for (Website owners, new or expereinced, ecommerce or others??? Bloggers? People looking for a moonlighting income? who?)
    b) WHAT does your service do? (increase traffic? increase sales? get more subscribers or followers?)
    c) HOW meaning how does it accomplish the WHAT part (it appears that it involves sending emails, but that's all I can tell...)
    d) WHY meaning "why use YOUR service?" There is nothing visible that tells us if your service is successful or not. Tell some sucess stories or customer testimonials.

If you don't want to stack the design (marketing on top, blog underneath), consider going fixing your two column design by making the left column be your marketing message area (people read the left side first) and the right column be your blog posts. Most of the stuff currently in the right column could be eliminated or shoved down to the footer. The left/right order is also important because when you make your site responsive the left column will appear ABOVE the right one when it reformats to fit small devices.

I hope this helps,

Greg

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall the site is very clear and clean.

A few points I've encountered:
    - The follow us on Twitter & Facebook are at two different locations. You can simply add two large icons on the top next to each other.
    - The Search button is the same color as the top menu which might be confusing to some users.

Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Elliot.

I consider myself a newbie and for the past month or two have been reading a lot about Marketing. As someone new to all of these, here is what i think about your site

- Your site looks clean. So many times have i visited Internet marketing/e-mail marketing sites that were surprisingly on the first and second pages but with horrbile layouts and color combinations. layout is simple and very easy to navigate.

- I noticed that when i first visited your site and clicked on your click, a pop-up shows. Now, I'm not an expert in marketing, but often times in the last couple of months whenever i try to look for information and visit a site, if there is pop-up i usually never bother reading anything and would just close the tab. I'm not sure if it would do you good or not to have pop-ups since you probably know more about it than i do. I noticed that the pop-up desnt appear anymore once you opened it for at least once

-Maybe add more information on your footer.

Good luck with the site!!

Aboudie.

SitePoint Enthusiast seohuntanalytics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Elliot! General impression from your site is very good - simple and easy-to-use design, actual, useful and interesting information. Especially liked "9 Simple Ways To Get More Traffic". Several remarks concerning the design:

- The first we see is pop-up. Such obtrusive pop-up can repel visitors from the next reading and surfing of your site. Maybe it's better to add google context ads?
    - In the articles widget with social buttons overlaps two first letters (in Opera and Chrome, in Firefox and Internet Explorer everything is OK)

For the rest - everything is good, I really liked your site and wish you more visitors and readers.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I am your target audience, but I'll give you my impressions if I were looking for more information about email marketing.

I agree with seohuntanalytics--I am turned off by immediate pop-up when I arrive at the site. Also, when I first "land" on a home page, I like to see some kind of introductory headline and tag line telling me what this site is about. Instead, I'm at the blog. If I happen to land on the site when the top entry is "What is a Squeeze Page?" then I'm more drawn in. But when the top blog entry is "How to Achieve a 50% Squeeze Page Opt-In Rate," it already looks highly specialized, and like I'm missing some kind of introduction. In other words, beginners are likely to navigate away, even though, on closer inspection, the material is not really that complex or out-of-reach. A two-sentence overview to give first-time visitors a sense of this website and its purpose would probably be a good thing.

The look and layout are clean and logical. I prefer to see an "about" page--I'm unlikely to be interested in any eBook if I don't know something about the person writing it. I'm also not a huge fan of the floating Facebook thing, especially since it blocks some of your text on the Products page, and I couldn't find a way to close it. On your eBook page, there is no navigation, which is kind of unsettling--like I've just landed at a website lost in space. You want my email address, but suddenly you've changed the appearance of the site--it just seems like you would do better to build trust by keeping that page consistent with the others.

With regard to the writing style in the blog, it might be a good idea to have a different set of fresh eyes look over your posts. You have an enthusiasm to your writing, which is a good thing, but some of the word choices are a little bit unusual and don't fit quite right. In one post, you have "regardless to say," where "needless to say" would be the expected phrase. In another, you say you want readers to do something that will take a lot of hard work and "be boring, to say the least!" (the boring and the exclamation point don't really fit and the fact that you are advocating something "boring" isn't the best way to market your strategy). There were plenty of other examples, and you want your credibility for a site like this to be rock-solid, so careful proofreading would be something to consider.

You have obviously done a lot of work with the site so far--good luck to you!
    www.conversationpieceslearning.org
    Enrichment Ideas and Activities for Teachers and Students
    www.youcancreate.org
    Daily Creative Challenges for People Like You

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the design. Nice and clean. Easy to find information. But there were a couple of suggestions I had.

The first, the modal window that comes up when I first arrive is a bit annoying. Having never read any of your content I'm not interested in providing you with my email. I don't know if you have any information to offer, but certainly, at this point, I don't trust you or your site. Could you put it on a delay? Perhaps after a couple of minutes, or a page after a page hit or two. Even if I leave really quickly (and you miss the opportunity to ask me for my email), am I really going to input it if I'm abandoning your website so quickly?

A second suggestion (related to the first), could you make a portion of that book available as a preview? Could you put together a shorter version, or the first few pages, with a link to the form to download the rest? I'm careful not to give out a 'real' address if I don't know the person.

And just a final suggestion; you could lose the "recent posts" from the homepage. It's a bit redundant (as the homepage shows the last X articles, and then you put the same list just to the right of that). Moving the Topics or the tag cloud up would give me more opportunity to find content I'm interested in, and simplifying making choices.

I like the simple layout and the images.
    Have I helped you? You could help me.
    Like my business on facebook!
    Text message polls with real-time, live results.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys thanks for all the feedback, some of it will be used and all of your thoughts/ideas will be taken into consideration. From the team at email-marketing-tips we would sincerely like to thank all of you once again!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

analyze and compare

Quote Originally Posted by EMT_Elliott View Post
    Hey guys,

It's a site designed to help those people that want to make money online through email marketing, there are many posts with heaps of information and there are free ebooks for those poeple that want to learn more. Then there are products chock-a-block full of information that have a 30 day money back guarantee if you choose to buy them. I would really appreciate if you guys could have a look and give me some feedback on the site. You might even learn a thing or two from there.I'd love to generate more of a following so hopefully you'll find it interesting.

Use SEO tools to analyze and compare , identify your sites SEO problems, and competitive opportunities ....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why using capital letter for FILED UNDER and TAG options?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EMT_Elliott View Post
    Hey guys,

This is awesome. I didn't expect to run into another blogger here who blogs about email marketing. I have been doing email marketing professionally for about five years now. I would say that what I like about your website is that it is clean and simple but you really need to get rid of that half-baked tagline if you really want your following to grow.

I had almost the same blog you have here right now only it was mine years ago and I think that you are making this a lot harder on yourself than you have to be and I learned that the hard way.

If you want to stand out you're going to have to differentiate yourself from the rest of the email marketers. I only blog for myself so I could care less about what I do. But if you do care...

You're competing in a market that is a tough sell.

I'm not so sure "make money with emails" is the best route to take. I have found that a lot of my bigger clients only really care that you can write professional emails that aren't going to destroy their brand.

They already know that email marketing works.

They just can't find professionals they can trust with their brand and email marketing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I personally do not like when I go into a webpage is those pop-ups that you have to click the "x" to get rid of them. I believe that if someone is interested in your service they will look for the sign up page.
    Overall I think the website looks very good, I would include at the bottom of all pages the links to "contact us" and "terms and conditions".

I can tell that you are using aggressive seo techniques like hyperlinking "email marketing campaign" on one paragraph and on the next one putting it on bold... I would try to make it neat as much as possible and easy for the viewer to follow.

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalPay View Post
    One thing I personally do not like when I go into a webpage is those pop-ups that you have to click the "x" to get rid of them. I believe that if someone is interested in your service they will look for the sign up page.
    I used to agree with this too. But I have since learned first hand that this actually works quite well for list building for a lot of people. I know, I hate when a blog does this to me too. I hate pop ups. They do work for a lot blogs. I don't make the rules.

I also don't use them myself but I know people who swear by them.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The first thing that bothers me is that popup right after i opened your website. This can annoy people pretty much, so i suggest you remove it.

Design seems to be ok, very simple. The only suggestion about design; make a proper logo for your website... it is important how you represent your business.

Next thing that i would add is more social bookmarks/like buttons. Currently you have three, but i suggest that you add at least pinterest, digg, delicious to that.

You should also add privacy policy section on the site, and use google adsense if you're receiving a decent traffic, to earn some extra bucks.

Overall i like the site, keep up the good work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have fresh contents and few of the topics interests me too to read. I feel your site is lagging awareness among people. The best way to achieve it is through Social Networking. Let people know that your website exists.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep getting Error 137 (net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED): Unknown error. while accessing the page. Is there any problem there?
    http://www.yourshoutbox.com <- FREE chat for your website - limited offer
    http://www.smartchatbox.com <- let your visitors talk

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not letting me load the page

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Since this site has become unreachable, I've closed the thread.