SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Holiday Sales

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your tactics to increase traffic and sales on your retail sites during the important upcoming holiday season?

Do you run promotions, contests, extra mailings? What gets customers into your store instead of Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Dillards, Amazon.com, Buy.com and other big online retailers, many of whom have multi-billion dollar brick and mortar operations that can absorb price discounts and underselling?

I would like to hear your answers and ideas.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't run an online business (don't sell anything except maybe my ezine) but here is my input:

If you sell anything or give any service that could be used.. try to write a special holiday promotion for it (a great gift type thing?) right on your main page. If you participate in ad swaps or have ad banners on other sites, maybe a holiday-oriented banner would increase CTR temporarily.

Another nice feature I've seen on some larger sites during the holidays is a slight change to their logo for a few weeks. Add some snow or christmas lights, etc, to your logo during the holiday season with a temporary slogan perhaps

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye, getting people during seasons, will help you keep em.
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813