SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to limit text resizing with CSS

..need some help.......

Want to build my Web pages that so they resize content and layers automatically when the user resizes their window or for different .window resolutions. Fluid resizing for text.Bah, to images resizing them... they will look crap...I think.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that if you use the Div tag...the content (Text) wraps to fit in the space..the same with a table...I think this is becase they don't have sizes given..ahhhHHHHH me no understand !!! keep confusing myself....boo
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So ...that can't be right ...no size - how does it know where to go....it uses the default or predifined text to size itself..cool

So how do I stop the text from wrapping within either a table or Div..when user resizes their window?

Can I give the Div or Td table a min Width/Height 'px size and then use a % size to make it grow for the larger windows ?

I would like to do this with CSS and Div if possible..no tables if I can help it.
    Just in case you are wondering...I want to use this for my navigation links on the left side of the window, the area's Top & centre can resize as much as they like...

I want my navigation layer to resize but not to wrap my text to other lines when the user resizes..

Any suggestions or links gratefully received...ta

Rabble Rouser bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Paul_C; Jan 31, 2003 at 13:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to limit text resizing with CSS

Originally posted by weird2u2
    ..need some help.......

Want to build my Web pages that so they resize content and layers automatically when the user resizes their window or for different .window resolutions. Fluid resizing for text.
    Fwiw, I'd say that this is generally a bad idea.

Users resize windows (larger) so that they can view a greater amount/area of content, not so that they can view the same amount of content at a larger size.

It's just a (really) bad idea, imho.
    New Plastic Arts: Visual Communication | DesignateOnline

Mate went to NY and all he got me was this lousy signature