I have a background in Graphic (print) Design, but I've spent the last year working with books and Lynda vids in an attempt to learn as much about HTML/CSS as I could.
So my questions is these:
- Should I just get stuck in hand coding from scratch, or would I be better off working around a CMS?
- As a designer, I would like to have a lot of control over the appearance on the site, is there a particular CMS that would support this (and my other requirements)?
- Can I get inside the CMS and make changes using HTML/CSS?
- Do most CMSs support responsive/adaptive site design?
- At first glance, there are many things that appeal to me about Wordpress, is it heavy duty enough to support this kind of site?
- If so, can I make manual adjustments to Wordpress using HTML/CSS?
Thanks in advance for your help,