User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my Auto Dealer and Exporter Site

Hello:
    Guys, please take a look at my site http://toyota-dealer.org and give comments on its design, content and Search Engine Optimization. We are car dealer and exporter with branches in Thailand, Australia, United Kingdom, Dubai, United States, Japan and Singapore. This is why perhaps the site is not as focused as it could be as we sell thousands of models of vehicles.

Our roots are in Thailand so this is why there is a bias in promoting Four Wheel Drive vehicles as Toyota Hilux Vigo and we get complaints from Australian office which sells primarily Toyota Prado and Toyota Landcruiser and our US and UK outfits which sell mostly luxury vehicles. Is there a way to cater to all these markets without getting Google alarm bells ringing and awakening Panda? SEO people tell us that we have too many keywords as is while our international offices tell us that we haven't mentioned their vehicles enough as their vehicles are not coming on first page of Google. We do have country specific websites but for some reason our corporate sites do much better in Google than these country specific sites.

I will stop my rambling and wait for your responses. It is nice to run into this forum as this is the first forum where people give detailed site reviews that can actually be used to improve the site.

Regards,
    John

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

There is some overlapping on your main menu, view it here.
    The marquee element is deprecated.
    Also this background circles don't fit my personal taste.
    Finally, since this is a dealer website, don't you think it should be more photo and buyer friendly? I mean this gray and purple looks too gloomy to me and it wouldn't make me take an interest as a consumer.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm aware of overlapping issue and spend a whole day trying to figure out which CSS controlled Search placement but could not figure it out. If all else fails will reduce the text of menu.

Sorry did not understand the comment about marquee element being deprecated.

I will see if the gray and purple can be changed. What alternate colors would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by altereg0 View Post
    Hello,

There is some overlapping on your main menu, view it here.
    The marquee element is deprecated.
    Also this background circles don't fit my personal taste.
    Finally, since this is a dealer website, don't you think it should be more photo and buyer friendly? I mean this gray and purple looks too gloomy to me and it wouldn't make me take an interest as a consumer.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello - The overall site is a little overwhelming - too many words, not enough pictures. I agree with the above post about the color scheme as well. Maybe change to more appealing colors. Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should improve the look of your site and make it little bit more attractive and contentful.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much rubbish text, those 1000 drop-down menus are awful, design is poor, cross-browser compatibility is poor, your claims that I am the 978 671 visitor of this website are false... you have a very very very long way to go until you get a reasonable website. You just have to keep trying I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with the fact that having a lot of text on an auto site is really boring. Even after checking out the articles in depth there are no pictures (interior as well as exterior) describing what makes the model so hot to market. Where are the testimonials? Don't know if I clicking on correct buttons. Font is to small. Need some title tags, H1 and the such. I'm sure I could continue but sure that others will provide additional comment or questions.

Good luck

Jakbeas

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI.

I think your themes layout option is pretty good. Looking at the header menu, you could definitely make it look professional. For now the site to bland tbh, you need some sort of visual communication there is just too much text on you site right. If i were looking for cars, the first thing that i want to see are pictures and description of cars. One thing that you could try doing is adding a gallery where people can click on it and when they do they can know more about the car. You need to spice things up a bit.

The Bads

- Too much text
    - Too bland

But i see potential, and i wish the best of luck

Aboudie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboudie View Post
    HI.

I think your themes layout option is pretty good. Looking at the header menu, you could definitely make it look professional. For now the site to bland tbh, you need some sort of visual communication there is just too much text on you site right. If i were looking for cars, the first thing that i want to see are pictures and description of cars. One thing that you could try doing is adding a gallery where people can click on it and when they do they can know more about the car. You need to spice things up a bit.

The Bads

- Too much text
    - Too bland

But i see potential, and i wish the best of luck

Aboudie
    Agreed again. Every day that you keep the same design you'll losing $$$. Work on placement of more pictures. Some internal links and some affiliate offers would help. Also look to collect some info so that you have some leads to sell.

Jakbeas

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    change readmore button to simple text or (remove title text)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayyy to much text for a car dealer website. If I'm looking for a car I want to see pictures and features, not big wall's of text.

I also dislike the font you are using, doesn't fit toyata very well. Maby you should get inspired by toyota's own website ?

Also ditch the <marque> stuff, looks really bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive Me, If I Am Being Too Critical

Hi, I hate being too critical, but you did ask for advice and I want you to succeed so bad it burns.

The first thing I will say is that your website doesn't look professionally designed. I visited your website and I do not trust you at all. It isn't you. Your website just doesn't inspire my trust. I feel like this is something that maybe my cousin who took website design might have built in a weekend. It is definitely not something a professional would build.

The second thing I will say is that the navigation is impossible to use. I can't read the tiny type. I can't even decide what to click because every time I hover over your links they give me ten other links to click. That is just plan crazy.

I could go on, but seriously, this is not a project to do by yourself. You really need to hire some professional help. You would be amazed by what they will be able to do for you and I say that in the sincerest and kindest way I can.

I don't really think your website can be fixed so much as it has to be built by a professional. You're selling a very high end product and your website is a very low quality website.

I hope I didn't offend you personally. If anything I just want you to succeed and...

I don't see this website doing it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedax View Post
    Wayyy to much text for a car dealer website. If I'm looking for a car I want to see pictures and features, not big wall's of text.

I also dislike the font you are using, doesn't fit toyata very well. Maby you should get inspired by toyota's own website ?

Also ditch the <marque> stuff, looks really bad
    I totally agree with this. I mean, I was picturing a website with a lot of pictures of cars. I was kind of shocked by the website itself. But I have definitely made too many mistakes in my own marketing before to be overly critical.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi John,
    Thank you for your post.
    Altereg0 has a few good points. The site looks very gloomy and boring. Remember that when people visit a site you only have a few seconds to catch their attention. iow, you really have to promote your products and make it clear you're a car dealer and not a directory(or what are you really?).
    This is self-evident, but I will have to say that your site reminds me more of a blog than a professional retailer simply from the look of it. I have looked at your index menu, and it looks good, but here are a couple additional thoughts.
    Put in more images on the front page, and change the colors immediately. You should also include a price regulator. What I mean about that is to include a price regulator bar on either the right or left side(amazon has this). i.e. a customer don't have the time or effort to scroll through all of your vehicles. If you let them set the price range (i.e. 10-15.000 $) and to pick the model they are looking for it will promote sales heavily. I have always liked cars.com and their set up. Think about creating something similar. And I'll be picky here. You cannot use a gmail account as a business account. You want to look professional and trustable. So drop the G and use a real account which includes your company name. Moreover, the esthetics are not good. You have no space between the lines in your intro paragraph whilst 1.5 space in the next ones. I really like your slideshow with the phone number. Can you put in news there? Every time you add a car, add it to this slideshow to let customers know it's there.

Hope this helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was you I would make flags of the countries you service on the homepage and that way each customer, from the country they need service in, would press on the flag and be directed to all cars available for that country.
    the phone number at the center of the page is moving, make is stable, not moving. it is hard to tell what's the number, especially when it's that small.
    I would definetly get rid of this phrase up top "2013 2014 Toyota Hilux Vigo and Used 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 Minor Change Hilux Thailand Australia UK Dubai. Toyota Landcruiser, Prado, Fortuner, Ford Ranger, Nissan Navara 4x4 Pickup Truck SUV Dealer. 2007 2006 2005 2004 Hilux "

I am not even sure why it's there...
    When doing seo work try to do it neat, not to let the reader notice that it's even been done there.

Good Luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with what you have said. Site needs to look a bit more alive with more colour and images.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your site it is easy to use but I would add more photos of all the cars right on your home page with links. other then that it is easy to use and seems to be functioning great.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as your SEO as concern you have to make it extremely real I mean just focus what your users want to see do not go after building back links.

You can also grow up your business in Middle East so Visit <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Apr 27, 2013 at 04:57. Reason: No self-promotion, please