User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

First of all, the website looks simple, and that is ok. What i would suggest you do is, put frames around the images so that the overall look will be better. Secondly, change the current logo. Current colors doesn't match with the rest of the content/design, so it would be better if you would make logo for example in a silver color, a little bigger and 1px shadow on it ... Try that and it will look much better. Also go search on google and find similar sites and see if you can do anything to improve your own site better... Maybe some extra functionalities, categories would also be nice.. etc.

Good day

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that anyone has commented on this yet, the tags are a difficult to read. It looks like you've got light grey links/text on a grey background. Add to that, the header image is also grey.

Nice images though. Just hope you're not a Canon guy ;-)

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy vectorialpx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowbone View Post
    What i would suggest you do is, put frames around the images so that the overall look will be better.
    This is a matter of taste. I don't like frames

Secondly, change the current logo.
    I will get a domain and make a business after I'll get some fans.

Current colors doesn't match with the rest of the content/design, so it would be better if you would make logo for example in a silver color, a little bigger and 1px shadow on it
    Again, it's a matter of taste. After I'll get a domain I'll talk with a designer-friend and create a real logo.

Quote Originally Posted by c-m
    I don't think that anyone has commented on this yet, the tags are a difficult to read
    I didn't want to make the website to colorful. Maybe I'll make them white and hover with blue.

Quote Originally Posted by c-m
    Just hope you're not a Canon guy ;-)
    Well, I am not but, I did hold a Canon and it's not bad at all and, some objectives are cheaper (example, 18-200 canon vs nikon). Anyway, I'm not part of this war differences are small and it's a matter of branding, not quality. This can be a long discussion and, I'll stop here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks really great. I am really like with the collections of photo you are using. Good Job

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good and descent desing, you can use elegant frames or designs within each images. Please checkout heaer section, i think you would have to see what is it indicating. The tags are i think smaller, font and color scmeme might be little complicated to search out for any word. I did not understand the word "Exif information" when moving mouse over image. One suggestion could be to use on hover zoomed image in a lightbox and then a icon or magnifier to open the library that shows zoomed images . thanks,

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tags are i think smaller, font and color scmeme might be little complicated to search out for any word.
    I will make my tags brighter and think at a design change. I will think about making a small business but I have to take some great pictures to start selling.

Quote Originally Posted by royrobin
    I did not understand the word "Exif information" when moving mouse over image.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exif

I like your beautiful girls category.
    Thank you!

Thank you for your reviews!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like your website , its looks clean and nice. you made great photos in very good quality. i would recommend you to add to each photo varies sizes ( resolution ), maybe 3 sizes, big (original) size, medium (around half size), and small (around 25% of the original size), make it easy to people that don't need or want to download big files.
    keep up the good work!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something about the header which isn't very appealing. The links and logo are difficult to read against the background image. I think changing the color/gradient on the logo and changing the background image would help a lot.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks simple and laconic, which is good – the interface does not distract one's attention from the photos.

My recommendation would be to:
    1) increase the font size of the tags on the top of the page
    2) align center the twitter, facebook and ‘send’ button vs. ‘photos.vectorialPIXEL’ heading
    3) having a ‘close window’ button in the bottom right corner of the photo window seems counterintuitive – I would rather move it to the upper right corner or delete (you can always use ESC button to close the window)

Functionality-wise I would also want to see ‘share link/photo’ button to be able to share any particular photo with friends.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely a start. Unfortunately, I'd have to say that it doesn't strike me as professional when I first take a look. I wouldn't say it, but I really want to be helpful. What I'd suggest is getting rid of the wood background, and doing a more modern computer generated background type thing. Next I would try and add some cool CSS to the pictures that would give them a faint border. That little border creates the impression of a shadow, making it seem to stand out on the page. That adds extra depth to the page as a whole, and makes it seem more artsy, just what you want to make your photos look good.

That said,its a start. Just add some nice modern graphical touches, and I think you will have an even better home for all those photos.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The photographs are beautiful. Very beautiful. however, I think that you could up the size on the thumbs, but if not, try to remove the wood and use clean simple typography. I would take the links at the top that are currently located behind a wood pattern/texture and 1) remove the background and 2) use light grays for the links. Not a shade that is too like to see on a white background, but one thats not exactally black. That way it will put more visual emphasis on the photographs which I think should stand out above everything else. Currently, the massive wood texture at the top makes things feel a little heavy and even when i squint my eyes at the design, the wood pattern at the top looks heavy and stands out more than the thumbnails. Other than that, nice job!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice, you are missing the "Favicon" I would also make the text background a little darker in the header as the text is a little hard to read or make the text bigger.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the photos you took they are nice

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very nice. You should consider watermarking your photos to avoid people downlonding them. I did notice that you can't just download the image, but since you offer zoom functionality, someone could just make a printscreen of your photos.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you need to make it clear what the copyright is for the images, I am able to download the full image with no copyright information, can we use them for whatever we want?

if it is your intention to expand the number of images then the list of categories will also expand, it is already dominating the top of the screen, you may be best to move this to a sidebar,

have a look at http://www.shutterstock.com/cat-11-The-Arts.html these handle large quantities of images very well

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a hard time finding much not right about it. It looks very nice. Loads fast. The style is clean. It's intuitive. A+. The only thing I could see that needs attention is when the images pop up they need more margin around them. On my desktop it bottoms out on my screen and on my ipad the X is out of the screen until I scroll to it. A+ for it being AP though and not fixed.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

The collection of the images is good but there is lack in Design and nevigation of the website, it is not so impressive for user end. So make it more attractive by improving your design.

SitePoint Member James_Thompson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks almost perfect except some things:
    1) It would better to use other than gray color in the menu items because they merge with the background
    2) Could you increase spaces between images?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures buddy. Which camera do you use?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 972kravmaga View Post
    i would recommend you to add to each photo varies sizes ( resolution ), maybe 3 sizes, big (original) size, medium (around half size), and small (around 25% of the original size), make it easy to people that don't need or want to download big files.
    This is a good UX idea. I'll keep it in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by IQ Catch View Post
    Looks nice, you are missing the "Favicon" I would also make the text background a little darker in the header as the text is a little hard to read or make the text bigger.
    I will make a redesign and change the concept of the website a bit. I will still have free downloads but in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by winagain View Post
    Looks very nice. You should consider watermarking your photos to avoid people downlonding them. I did notice that you can't just download the image, but since you offer zoom functionality, someone could just make a printscreen of your photos.
    You CAN download. On image hover you should see a Download link. If you don't, please tell me here what browser are you using.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_k View Post
    you need to make it clear what the copyright is for the images, I am able to download the full image with no copyright information, can we use them for whatever we want?
    Yes. I'm an amateur photographer and I'm not making money from this (yet!) and I don't mind sharing my pictures. A simple common-sense rule is to not get images from my website and sell on another website. It's a logical fact.

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatson View Post
    The only thing I could see that needs attention is when the images pop up they need more margin around them. On my desktop it bottoms out on my screen and on my ipad the X is out of the screen until I scroll to it. A+ for it being AP though and not fixed.
    Yes, it depends on the resolution. I didn't want the lightbox to change the size from HTML/Javascript because there will be distortions. A simple scroll it's better than to look at dusty pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Thompson View Post
    2) Could you increase spaces between images?
    Everyone tells me about this space. I like it it's like a paper of photos. However, it's just a matter of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by boneyp View Post
    Nice pictures buddy. Which camera do you use?
    My camera is Nikon D3100 - you can look at the exif information for some last pictures.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have nice images and they help make the site look good but the header needs to be as good. It is a bit dark and the logo/text doesn't stand out at all. I think you also need to think about changing the navigation/options at the top. Perhaps use jquery to display this better possibly as a drop down or slider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love the photographs, I like the website but would tweak the header and menu but the photos are great & website is fast loading.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The image is taking to much time to load, use some other method to load the image

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!, one tip: Fix the shadow that you have below the header with whole width shadow and decrease it by 50%. I think it would look much better. I like the wood touch tho, but i also recommend that you make more space between the images, maybe shadow them too a little, maybe you should also add lazy loader, and remove the pagination from the site. The more advanced it feels, the more chances are that people will use it!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Sit Is Looking Very Nice but when You are click any Image is take More Time To open .