SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weeks ago, in the "website design" forum we were speakin' about horizontal designs... finally i did it!

it is a preview only (i know it contains alot of spelling errors), but i'd like to receive some feedback. This website should became the "we are" section of an hip hop magazine. The address:

http://www.hotservices.net/hotsquad.net/

Thanks a lot!
    simone
    Simone Lippolis
    Milan, Italy
    www.hotservices.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. Graphic intensive for a "Who we are...", but very nice. On a negative note, substituting every "O" with an asterick passed as tacky to me, but that's my opinion.

Also, the HotServices logo stands out. Which is probably a good thing, eh?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn that's nice. Slick. Totally appropriate for a hip hop mag. Music's perfect. The graphics and flash are great. Sorry I can't be more critical I don't find the *'s tacky at all, just slows down the read a little. Things would be so much more interesting around here if more pages like that were posted (no offense to anybody!!!)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all... i'm really happy you liked it 'cause it was my first "flashed" site.
    i'll keep you informed about new releases soon!

simone
    Simone Lippolis
    Milan, Italy
    www.hotservices.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kind of skeptical of the format.

The horizontal scroll forces frames on the designer, and I doubt it would be convenient to read when you have large quantities of text that don't break off so easily into seperate chunks.

The graphics however were very nice, and one thing I will admit. It's obvious that the user is supposed to scroll horizontally, and I think it made me MORE likely to scroll the whole page, although that might have been because of the novelty of the layout.

I think it works quite well in this regard (An "About Us" Page), but I don't think it would work for every page in the site, and then you get it problems of having different navigation systems on different pages, which I don't think would be benificial to commercial sites, or sites which target broader audiences.

Keep working on it though, you may find a really cool use for it!

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, fast loading site. Different from most I've seen, although reading an * in the place of all o's was annoying at best.

David | http://www.web-master.tv
    The site for webmasters is here.