SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Redsign

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please take a look at this new color scheme and the new navigation buttons. Also new content(tip of the day,webmaster tips and news.) At http://www.jimswebstuff.com

james34
    Jim's Web Stuff
    http://www.jimswebstuff.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, i've visited your site, i think it has great contents but it's not easy to find them. I think hat organizing informations like a "directory" (moving left menus to the main column of the page) will help your visitor to browse your site. I think that putting something more about forums will increase posts. Something like "n total post", "n registered members", "n users connected"...

about colors: i think the background you choosed very annoying...

hope this helps

simone
    Simone Lippolis
    Milan, Italy
    www.hotservices.net

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browser : Netscape 4.6
    Resolution : 1024x768
    Connection : Leased Line thingy at University

Hi
    Here goes

*Colours*
    The left hand menu colours are fine but I have some problems with your bright blue background colour, I think it is too bright. I believe it is 0000FF. Maybe you can just tone it down a little?

*Layout*
    Layout is good. Standard left and top hand menu, works fine. Only comment is you might want to consider cutting down on the left hand menu as I think there might be too many items for a user to digest in one go!

*Navigation Bars*
    As mentioned before, they are fine although main nav bar could do with cutting down. My only concern here really is the rollover effect. In my opinion a rollover should HIGHLIGHT an option, but in your case you some to be LOWLIGHTING so to speak. I don't think it works. Try making your rollovers so that your button lightens rather than darkens when you place your cursor over it!

*Main Content*
    Main content layout is fine, although I would change the bacl bits to another colour. Also, the text is way too small on my resolution, and I am only on 1024x768. PLus I am wearign my glasses right now so my vision is perfect .

*Source Code*
    Very good. Title and meta tags have been included and well thought out.

PS Prohosting are crap - get a decent web host.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about the background being a little bright. The font is so small because the left hand menu is so long. I have been trying to figure out a way to layout the navigation so it is not so long. Such as having 1 link to HTML Resources and then sub pages to HTML Tutorial sites and HTML Editors and so on. Thanks for your input. I have already tried the center navigation but I did not want to copy or look like other durectories such as dmoz.org, yahoo.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background color is irritating. USe a dim color or use white color. Currently, it makes the front end fonts difficult to read.

Besides, if design services is your main business, I suggest you place it a upper position.

There are a lot of content, and it's good. Wish you good luck!
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I like the site. I don't see anything wrong with the colors. The ownly thing I would change would be to make the links on the left into catagories like Graphics, tutorials, scripts etc.
    Good Job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I have been adjusting the colors over the past couple of days and I think maybe I got the right combonation this time. If you are using IE5.5 you should see the colored scroll bar. It will be a while before I can organize into catagories but it is in the works.

james34
    Jim's Web Stuff
    http://www.jimswebstuff.com

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, it looks a LOT better. I like your rollovers. I still think that you think to rethink the number of items on your menu, and the scroll is a bit tacky. But well done you have done a great job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really hard on the eyes. Dark background with bright links, I had to sit back and look. Actually, maybe it's just the different color on the nav column. Plenty of content and information, just really hard to look at. Especially at midnight, LOL, I need to get to bed.
    Sesran Site Solutions - Web Site Hosting & Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not want to go with black or the same as the background in the navigation area. But it is a little bright. I am looking into other colors to go in the navigation area. Thanks to everyone you have been a great help.
    james34
    My Site