User Tag List

Thread: comments.php

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

comments.php

Hi Been having fun digging into wordpress. As a way of doing that I decided to do my own theme. Its almost done, but the comments.php is causing me problems. Anyone know of a good current tutorial on comments.php?

Thanks
    Michelle

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    What sort of problems is it causing? Are you just having styling problems on the front end, or are you modifying the PHP code in that file?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure modifying is right, but yes the php file. The tutorial I like, creates the files from scratch, but it is a bit older, so the comments.php is not current. Sure there is the modifying themes php files for clients, which is cool. Creating my own theme from scratch started as a learning project for myself, while two clients are already using the theme, so there is sells potential, I also want to finish learning the basic files. So I posted the question about a tutorial here.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at Twenty Twelve's comments.php, I find WordPress' default themes are a good place to start if I'm stuck on something, and developers can learn from Twenty Twelve.