SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have all had our embarrassing moments and we all try to forget them. I'll go ahead and tell you one of mine.

Well you know on cartoons how they step on things like rakes and they pop up and hit them on the head...

... Yeah it happened to me. I think I stepped on a hoe (garden tool, not the other kind for you weird people).

It didn't really hurt but it stunned me because it was a cartoon thing! I ended up with a big ol' knot on my head.

[Edited by WebDevMaster on 09-21-2000 at 09:54 PM]
    Stuart Briscar Consulting - Free Website Consulting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being born was pretty embarrassing, I came out all pink and such with no hair.

Then there was the time I accidentally ate the Queen's pet cat. The tabloids followed me for weeks after that one and I barely escaped a long prison term with a guy named Biff. Luckily I was able to make the Queen forget everything using my boyish charm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, that was really weird.

Dumbest things I've ever done (goofy-type ones at least), are probably mostly making dumb jokes that no one laughed at in certain social situations - those are always death.

One mistake I've made more then once is entrusting private things about myself to untrustworthy people...and in 5th grade, that is a BAD THING! It's nothing major...but being 10 at the time I really should have thought things out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see here...

How about the time (I was like 10 or 11) and I got hit in the head with a baseball bat while playing a backyard game with some friends. I've never been the same since... LOL. I guess I should of stepped back a step while playing catcher...

I had to get stiches and such and it bled a lot. Right in the center of my forehead. There's a scar, but it's not that noticeable unless you really get up there and look at it closely. :\

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got hit in the side of the face with a baseball bat. There actually wasn't any real damage but it hurt!!! My friend was trying to hit a rock. I know I'm hard headed, but still... That was corny.

Once I got hit in the head by a cinder block. Can we say "ow". Three stiches in my head. It was the same guy who hit me with the bat!!! Both "accidents"
    Stuart Briscar Consulting - Free Website Consulting

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see...I fell off a sort-of cliff when i was like 10 years old...I climed the thing about 100 times though without falling

Hmm...besides that I haven't been embarrassed much. Lucky me

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was little, I had blue wellies. One day my Dad said we were going somewhere... I thought we were going somewhere not very important, so I wore my wellies... well, you can guess

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of baseball bats.. I was hit directly in the ear with a metal baseball bat when I was 11. No blood, no stitches, nothing like that, luckily! My ear rang for a month though.

Not really embarrasing, but painful!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol...no base ball bats for me ...

When I was like 9, I accidently hit myself in the the head with a swing. The swings at a park near my house were really low, so we would swing the swing over the top bar to make it higher...well...I didn't quite get the swing over the bar. It came back and hit me on my forehead. So I had to go to the ER (if you were under 18, they automatically made you go to the ER.), where I sat with an ice pack on my forehead for 45 minutes talking with a kid my age who nearly cut his thumb off while trying to make a sandwich for his little sister. I ended up with a couple of stiches and scar on my forehead.

That was just a little embarrasing. Just a little.
    John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems a lot of us and baseball bats don't go well together...

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first heard of the "Information Super Highway", I actually thought it was a highway that people drive on.

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by anti_alias
    When I was little, I had blue wellies. One day my Dad said we were going somewhere... I thought we were going somewhere not very important, so I wore my wellies... well, you can guess
    What are wellies???
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wellies are wellington boots (named after the Duke of Wellington who wore them to ride in) - I think in the US they'd be called galoshers (?sp)... they are what Christopher Robin always wears in Winnie the Pooh!

If you're posh you wear green wellies!
    Kids wear all sorts of colours, and 'normal' people wear black!
    Thread Closed - Before and After.
    www.Gods101.co.uk - Affordable Quality.
    www.scepticism-inc.com - All extremists should be taken out and shot!