SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all!

During the last few days I have been working on my media kit, and I put it up a day or two ago.

Here is my question, now what do I do? Just wait for people to come and advertise?

Thanks

Jim

P.S. How did you start making money off of your media kit?
    http://www.freejavahelp.com
    Making Java REALLY Easy
    Tutorials, Forums, and Articles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on how you look at things...

Most larger sites obviously let advertisers come to them most of the time. Smaller sites will join some kind of program like BurstNet, Advertising.com, etc...I'd recommend joining such a program until an offer comes along.

At times it's okay to seek out advertisers...but you must be very careful that nothing you do resembles SPAM - people hate that.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you can send out a press release?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my first site, an amateur version of my current one (i.e. I had never looked to make any money from it) a couple of people e-mailed me asking for a copy of my mediakit.

So I thought, well, let's go pro, bought a domain name and set up a mediakit.

Now I approach people, and direct them to my mediakit. Sometimes they e-mail me still, so I direct them to it. It can be annoying chasing up e-mails - if someone doesn't want to advertise then I wish that they'd let me know! - but it's worth it.

I don't see anything wrong with asking people if they want to sponsor the site, especially if you are a small fish in a very big pond (I'm a medium fish ). Sponsors need to know that you exist.

Perhaps you could put a bit more info on your mediakit too - I modelled mine on SitePoints. I think it would be good to know how many hits, what kind of audience etc. your site attracted.
    Football-Punter.co.uk
    The Punter's Lounge - the best football forum on the web.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

if you are starter actually nobody requests your media kit. my tip - start sending it out to press agencies, tv stations, newspapers, internet news centers.

you need addresses ? right...i have found two books with the best advices from peter kent. I guess you heard about Poor Richards website books...best Internet Marketing literature i have read so far...check out my review and excerpt chapter at:

first edition
    http://www.webtipz.com/books/interne...ing/index.shtm

second edition
    http://www.webtipz.com/books/poorrichard/index.shtm

rgds,
    markus