SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member marvajohnsonmj's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Business Website

If I want to build a good business website, what I have to do. How I will I choose good developer and what I need to look after?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can choose a good web developer company through seeing their work done. You should prepare a dynamic website so that you can make changes, and updates to it time to time. The company will provide you admin panel for uploading text, images, videos, and media. It will be good suggestion for your business website.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main rule for making websites, personal or business- is that websites should be made for humans.

To have a good business site you need to:
    0. buy a domain name. Better several most popular extensions to protect your trademark - .com; .net; .org and you local one (us/eu/ etc).
    1) Find a good developer, as suggested above, by checking his/her work examples - preferably by recommendation. Good devs are not cheap.
    1.1. If you would agree to a ready-to-go pre-made template, skip this step. Otherwise, find a good designer.
    2) Find a good host. Server performance is important - your site should be responsive (it matters both for your visitors and for search engines crawlers). Again, good hosting is not cheap. But expensive one isn't always good as well So read reviews.
    3) Find a good SEO agency/ contractor. If you want your website to be found in google and rank there well, of course.

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I learned during time is that reference is the best argument to take someone's services. <snip> are some really smart guys who know how to coach and finally how to build a website from scratch. Recommended!
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jun 18, 2014 at 04:23. Reason: No promotion on the forums, please.
    Matei Gavriluta - Google+
    Houston Local SEO Agency and Inbound Marketing Services -
    Linkbuildingoffice.com
    Follow Linkbuildingoffice on Twitter - @Lbuildingoffice

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with dex, you should go with reference. if any of your friend or acquiescence or relative have created or knew about good website developer or developing company approach them. If you don't have any reference then search for company near by you. Check their earlier work. Give them idea about what sort of website you want to build. Get quotation for it compare with other companies and then take decision. Keep follow up with developer about the progress of your website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget to consider your SEO from the start! Starting a website is a great time to have it optimized, otherwise you will have to go back and do it - which can be somewhat difficult and time-consuming.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all who have replied.

As the OP has never returned, I'm closing this thread.