SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simplest way to hide/show a div?

hey guys.. I'm sure this has been covered a lot.. I hate posting questions that have already been answered before but I haven't messed with webdesign in quite a while and I'm a bit out of practice. Anyway, I searched all over the forums and couldn't find a decent solution to this.. I'm hoping someone will give me a quick hand with it.

I wen't through the latest article on alistapart, over png's and I'm trying to modify example 3.

I'm building a personal photography site, and hoping to adapt the techniques used in example three to display a nice clean antialiased png text transparency over my images when a user clicks on the info button, and then I want the user to be able to hide the description when done.

So basically I've got everything working the way I like.. except for the fact that the slider is useless to me.. its effective in the example but not really practical in everyday application so I just want to be able to hide/show the div.

My question is.. whats the best way to do that? I've searched around and all I can find is posts on how to hide 250 some divs at once.. I just need the simplest form possible and I can't seem to find any information on how to do that. I know its a newbie question, and after having been around things for so long I feel kind of embarrassed asking, but I'm on a tight schedule here and could really use some help

thanks in advance

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nevermind... figured it out. :P