SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably More For Soccer Fans

Hi all, just want a quick review of my site.

It's pretty much the 2nd website I've done, fully, on my own. It's a bit of a hobby I guess, but I more wanted to do it for some practice and something to add to my portfolio, when I get round to it.

Anyway, here it is - http://www.yoursoccerkit.com/

Cheers,
    Al.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Seems a ice design to me. I would recommend having something more on the home page to welcome people in, though. I wasn't really sure what to do with the site. It needs something to draw me in and want to find out more. Perhaps feature news on your home page. Being in Australia, I naturally clicked on the More Leagues link, but it appears to be dead. Presumably you haven't finished yet.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Al,
    I took a look at it, and i liked it, i'm a football fan, perhaps you can add much more information for each club(updated news for example).Keep on doing it.
    All the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that guys, yea I still have more to do, will be adding the Italian league next. I'll see what else I can throw in on the home page, and add more content to the club pages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the desaign of your website, the front page is looking really well. I wasn't sure what kind of website is that - e-shop or what that's bad. What tip i can give you is that you need a logo for your website.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I don't like the logo too much. What if you try to incorporate the laliga "wheel" or bull logo or something similar? I would personally choose red and white combination for logo. Red background instead of blue. But I will take it back if you are fan of Malaga And also... maybe black background (or dark green grass pattern repeating). Anyway not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, I've heard a few times now that I could do with a nice logo, I'm not great at design, so I'd probably need to get someone to do one up for me.

I dunno why I picked blue, just like that colour, and I am a Malaga fan but I don't think that has any influence on the colour scheme. I was in contact with Manchester United, and they have asked me to take down their logo as it is trademarked, I'm guessing most of the other clubs are going to be the same, so I will probably have to lose all the logos

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allanlud View Post
    they have asked me to take down their logo as it is trademarked
    Jeesh ... that seems pretty short sighted. O well ...

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's a nice site. I like the design, simple and the layout is not messy to look at. hmm, I just wish you could put more stuff other than jerseys
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure is ralph, guess it was my own fault anyway, I had sent them an email asking it was ok to use their kits and they replied within an hour saying yes it's ok to use the kits but not the logo. I replied to them asking about obtaining a license, just out of curiousity, but have got no reply, that was about 5 days ago... I'm working as an intern in a web design company, and my boss said just stick it back up, so I'll wait a week or two and put that logo back up

Thanks WebOutGateway, always nice to hear some good replies. The idea behind the site was to have one place where people could look up the jersey of any club (I have a lot of work to do on it yet, so far I only have 2 leagues, and also I will be changing the layout of the jersey section), but slowly I am adding extra features to the site...

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy vectorialpx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I've tried to post a comment in the manchester-united page and I didn't get any message (no Error and no OK), only the content of my message that remains in the textarea.
    2. if "MORE LEAGUES" is empty, just take it out. Add it when you'll have the content.
    3. The site is OK, Looks great but it does not have to much text - I don't know what it does: do you sell T-Shirts or just showing a gallery. After couple of minutes I saw the "About" footer note.

You did a great job and it's great that you did some research and took all Facebook pages, websites and other info. May be very useful, not only nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the review vector.

Not sure what happened with the comment functionality, as I have tried to enter a comment, but get an error if no email address is provided.
    I will hopefully add the Italian league to the nav tonight, in place of 'More Leagues', originally, I had 'More Leagues Coming Soon', but it changed as I was doing some edits.
    You're not the first person to say that you don't know what the site is about. I think maybe a sentence at the top of the page might sort that out.

Thanks again.
    Al.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff, I like the website, you probably need more content(or you can say more t-shirts ) but it is a very good start. congratz. keep us updated on ur progress

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great site, I'll bookmark it

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Socialcron that while to us who know soccer is a "soccer" website, maybe the logo needs to be more prominant as it says when the site is all about. It does look clean and sharp though and i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I have been away for a few weeks with very little internet access. Got back a few days ago, but am a little under the weather, so when I'm better I will be adding more kits (German League next) and will try to do something with the logo.

Thanks again.
    Al.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site .... My only feedback would be .... highlight more why we are there.

"keeping you up to date with soccer kit news!" .... highlight this a little more.

Then what do you want your visitors to do? I would add a call to action somewhere.

Lets say you want them to grab your rss feed .... tell them where it is, give them a reason WHY

ie Get the latest kit changes when they happen. Simple! Grab my RSS feed.

Alternatively, ask them to follow you on Twitter etc. Again, give them a reason WHY.

(You didnt get this off me - but you would be adding value to the site, good way to build repeat traffic. Imagine you could say - I built this site and in 12 months it got me xxxx's followers on twitter etc)

So in summary - tell me why Im here, tell me what you want me to do. Then monitor, trial and error to see what works.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) The heading ("...keeping you up to do date") does not make it 100% clear what the website is about... Intuitively I started looking for "About" button in the top... 'By chance' scrolled down and found some info in the bottom left corner. So "About" button probably deserves some place in the upper right corner (e.g. in the black horizontal line or elsewhere), even if its function would be just scrolling down.

2) Content-wise I am not convinced that the website could 'hold the audience' for a long time as it is too 'static' with limited interaction with a visitor. Consider enhancing functionality, e.g. adding a possibility to vote for the most beautiful kit and compiling some rating/most popular kits page accordingly. I think you can easily come over with some additional ideas.

Otherwise looks stylish.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, yes, the site is really nice - the logo should be a little more catchy - some graphics would be cool there. I like that the site is clean, no obtrusive ads and the colors are quite mild. Think about the menu when you will have more leagues that won't fit in 1 row. Maybe some re-design is needed there. Keep up the good work!
    http://www.yourshoutbox.com <- FREE chat for your website - limited offer
    http://www.smartchatbox.com <- let your visitors talk