User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Border Style in NS 4.x

Hi

I currently designing a site which makes use of table borders, i am using 10px solid coloured borders around some images.

My issue is this, the site is required to be compatable with NS 4.5 or higher, however when previewed in NS 4.5 i get a strange 3d effect on the border, because the BorderColor attribute is not supported by NS 4.5 . I managed to solve the problem for NS 7 using {boder-style solid} in the css, however this is no good for NS 4.5.

All I require is a flat (solid) coloured border to my table.

Does anyone know how i can resolve this problem using css, any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you really must think about NS4 then try this:
    1. Make a table with only one cell. Set the table's bakckground color to the color you want the "table border" color to be. Set the table's cellpadding to the width you wish to give the "borders".

2. In the first table, place a new table with width=100% and the background color to any you want.

Now you have a solid border with table 1's background color....

Example:

<table width="300" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#0000FF">
    <tr>
    <td>
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <tr>
    <td>test</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

I do not have any other advice than this. Anyway, NS4 is as good as dead...

-Thomas
    Try my metasearch site: http://www.entirewww.com
    Search Google/Yahoo/Teoma and more search engines at the same time!
    ...you can also play online games there!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remember:
    In NS4, only about 45% of the CSS1 spec is included. Even in that 45% you have problems. The box model was one item that NS4 really can't support; border falls into the box model category.

You can either take tumppigo's advice and make the borders yourself w/other table cells, or just leave it alone and accept that your NS4 users will still at least get the content (the most important part), but maybe not the nicest looking site.