User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    That's an amazing story. You have an endless list of stories like that, don't you? You always seem to know something-or-other about the subject at hand.
    I come from a large family. With over 20 aunts and uncles and 158 cousins things like that happen. My grandmother on my father's side is approaching 90 and still remembers her first ride in a car back in the early 1920's. I have living relatives who have fought in both World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and the Persian Gulf (not all by one relative mind you). Plus many other adventures. I'll see most of them next month at my Grandmother's birthday party/Family Reunion. One of several reunions we have per year.

A small portion of my family's genealogy is online at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/3803/ but we can't update it because we lost the password. Its one of my early sites and yes it was made with Frontpage (even has themes yech). Right now the family tree research is being done by 3 people and data consists of several gigabytes of data as well as about 15 three ring binders.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about big families, Wayne!

Think about this:

'It is possible that this Universe isn't the only one, that this is just one of many 'soap-bubbles' floating around in... what?'

Just thinking about the fact that there aren't any borders now should be enough to make everyone excited.

'Space... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star Ship 'Enterprise'. It's continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and discover new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before.'
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elledan:

I think you need to lay off the "Sliders" and the "Star Trek" its beginning to effect you too much.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? What makes you say that?

BTW What is 'Sliders'? I've never hear about it...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sliders is a program about Dimensional Travel. The basic premise is that there are millions of Earth's with the same people, same time period but different time lines. Soap Bubbles in dimensional space if you will.

The premise is four friends accidently get sucked into a slide and since the equipment is malfunctioning they can't go home, so they spend the next 6-7 seasons sliding from one Earth to another in hopes of finding their way home.

It was a very popular show in the United States. Still gets shown on the Science Fiction channel I believe.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... It does sound interesting, but I think that I'll stick to Star Trek

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a show on Fox a few years ago. Jerry O'Connell stared as a researcher that could open a wormhole to other dimenisions. But he didn't know Earth's coordinates, so him and some others have to keep 'sliding' to other Earth's in hope of finding Eath prime. The show spent 2 years on the Sci-Fi channel before getting canceled when O'Connell left. But I hear there maybe movie in the works returning the origional cast members !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks for your explanation as well, pac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by wluke
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    That's an amazing story. You have an endless list of stories like that, don't you? You always seem to know something-or-other about the subject at hand.
    I come from a large family. With over 20 aunts and uncles and 158 cousins things like that happen. My grandmother on my father's side is approaching 90 and still remembers her first ride in a car back in the early 1920's. I have living relatives who have fought in both World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and the Persian Gulf (not all by one relative mind you). Plus many other adventures. I'll see most of them next month at my Grandmother's birthday party/Family Reunion. One of several reunions we have per year.

A small portion of my family's genealogy is online at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/3803/ but we can't update it because we lost the password. Its one of my early sites and yes it was made with Frontpage (even has themes yech). Right now the family tree research is being done by 3 people and data consists of several gigabytes of data as well as about 15 three ring binders.
    Wow, that's quite a story, Wayne. Your stories you post here at SitePoint are always very interesting and appreciated.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sparkie

Humans define "life" as anything requiring the same standards that we have on Earth, that is.. oxygen, water, nitrogen, carbon..etc.
    Thats not true. To be scientifically classified as life you have to meet some criteria.

• Able to Reproduce
    • Growth and Development
    • Energy Utilization
    • Responsive to the Environment
    • Conduct some sort of Homeostasis
    • And have the ability to adapt via evolution

It has nothing to do with oxygen water etc. In fact organisms have been found who live off sulphur, ammonia, etc.

Chris

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oo oo oo (/me raises hands franticly) - and isn't that why virus's aren't living .. because they don't meet those specifications?

wasn't there a quote in a movie (I wanna say contact, but I'm not sure) that's sorta like this: "If we were the only ones out there, it'd would be a **** waste of space" or something like that?

alright...that's all I can say now - already late for work. c ya