User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your thoughs about this? Are there really aliens visiting our Earth or is the US working on some (classified) projects?

I also want to ask this question, which has bothered me for a few days now:

Why does so many Alien vessels crash on our planet? Are it those TV and radiosignals of us who disturb the (sensitive) equipment in their vessels?

I think that it is most likely the US government working on some projects, but who knows?

The Truth Is Out There...
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran across this theory a while back and it changed my entire perspective. The UFO's are actually holographiclly projected images run by the goverment. It's all an attempt to gain total mind control over everyone. This about it in war- we fly a ship miles wide over Moscow thr enemy will scatter and the ship won't even have to do anything by float there. With the 'crashes' and hollywood propaganda people think UFO's are real thus creating control for the goverment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should mention that. I was talking about UFO's the other day.

I'm just wondering why most people assume that 1) Life forms from other planets are way more intelligent than humans. (In some cases, I'm sure they would be! Like this guy I knew who really believed the movie Stargate was real.), and 2) Life forms from other planets are humanoid. For all we know, fleas, cockroaches, or even viruses could be alien life forms. Certain gases or smells could be alien life forms. I know I've smelled some things that are surely NOT OF THIS PLANET!

Ok... I better stop thinking now.
    Cheese-N-Rice - A daily comic strip.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about, Stargate (and Sliders) are the two TV shows (and 7 Days) most likely to really exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make UFOs so I can see them on TV and can see people saying how they were abducted even though they weren't. It is fun and makes me laugh.

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol luzer... lets us know when your next ufo is gonna be and I'll watch for it on TV.

About time travel (7 days), I believe in stephen kings movie (well...book...but I've only seen the movie) langaleers. Where you can go back in time, but nothing is there because the time has already happened. Just my theory...well...not mine - my adopted theory on time travel.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what if when you go back in time your also shifting dimensions? In which case something would be there because it has yet to happen in that dimension.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all. For those people talking about dimensions I suggest reading Michael Chrichton's Timeline. He's an excellent writer but one of the things I like most is how he basis alot of his work on scientific theory or fact, what he writes about isn't necessarily impossible.

As far as UFOs. No, I don't believe aliens crashed at roswell. I do however tend more to believe alien adbuctions as well as people who reported seeing strange flying lights. Simply because of the similarity between eyewitness accounts is too great to be considered coincidence.

Considering the size of the universe, I think it's arrogant of us to think we are alone.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOr my next one I'm going to attach a giant yellow Banana to a weather balloon and put a gorilla in it. Then people will think aliens look like gorillas and like giant bananas. I will laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont you think its stange that all UFOs land in america? I mean you dont here about little green men from mars walking around trafalger square do you? Maybe the pilgrims were really aliens or maybe the americans just like making up stories about UFOs... who knows?

The truth is in here as Homer Simpson once said....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The egyptian pyramids were created by little green aliens with giant teeth and 14 eyes on each hand. Who says all UFOs are in america? Oh yeah, I'm an alien too. I'm here to rule your puny planet and make you all into slaves. Mwahahahaha. Bow down before me you infidels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I should probably explain about the Stargate Guy. A group of friends and I were talking about UFOs and whether or not they are real, and this guy's ONLY defense in favor of aliens was, "Well, how do you explain Stargate, then?"

"Uh... It's a movie? Science Fiction? With emphasis on the FICTION part?"

I've never seen the tv show, and while I agree that there must have been something really amazing going on in ancient Egypt, this guy really was a dink. I'd be more inclined to believe in aliens & UFOs if the people I've met whe claim to have seen them weren't stoners.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't Stargate be true? It's just travelling through a worm hole at faster then light speed. And both of those theories are close to being proven as true. As for 'Sliding' to another dimension. Some well respected scientists think it's possible at the center of a black hole.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by pac91303
    Why can't Stargate be true? It's just travelling through a worm hole at faster then light speed. And both of those theories are close to being proven as true. As for 'Sliding' to another dimension. Some well respected scientists think it's possible at the center of a black hole.
    According to the theory of relativity you cannot go faster than light, and I'm inclined to believe einstein. This doesn't mean travelling to parallel dimensions isn't possible. If you look into the field of quantum physics that is explored in that book I mentioned above things like that may actually be possible.

But travelling at, or even above the speed of light is not.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really believe in multiple dimensions...

As for time travel: I just don't see how its possible. Time isn't "like" that...there are too many holes with the whole thing. How in the heck do you even START to build a time machine anyway? And don't give me something about the flux capacitor.

I think there is some type of alien life out there...but I don't think it's necessarily smarter than us. Keep in mind it might not even be humanoid: it could be a type of gas or light for all we know...or liquid even.

As a Christian, I can't really say what the religious view would be on this. It might cause some contradictions if aliens were to show up...but I really don't know for sure.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do believe that intelligent life must exist elsewhere in the universe. Out of the trillions of galaxies in this world, narrowed down to their respective solar systems and the planets within them, it would be impossible to boldly say "We're the only ones out there."

I once read an issue of National Geographic that actually estimated the number of possible "hospitable" planets in our galaxy alone. There were hundreds of thousands of possibilities. Surprising, really.

Humans define "life" as anything requiring the same standards that we have on Earth, that is.. oxygen, water, nitrogen, carbon..etc. For all we know, there could be life forms out there specifically adapted to the frigid temperature and icecaps on Pluto. That would then increase the number of planets with a possibility of "life".

You just never know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by pac91303
    Why can't Stargate be true?
    I didn't say it can't be true. I'm just saying that this guy who based his theories on science fiction movies and things he "saw" while under the influence of various narcotics isn't going to win any arguements with me.

Personally, I also believe it's not only entirely possible for other lifeforms to exist, but very likely. It's pompous for anyone to assume that we're the only habitable planet.

But I also think it's an insult to the human race to assume that alien life forms are more intelligent than we are. Sure there's lots of stupid people out there, but there's also Einstein and Edison and Rembrant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not someone who frantically believes in UFOs, flying objects, and what not, but I won't deny the fact that there COULD be other life out there. There's a lot of universes we haven't even explored yet and we will as technology increases.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all the space in the universe, there HAS to be some other form of life. I dunno about the UFOs and alien visits...but I do think aliens have been to Earth.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course there is life out there! I have never questioned it!

PLus I am from the movie generation and have been subjected to thousands of episodes of Star Trek and the X Files.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My grandfather was an aerospace engineer. He help design the YB-49, predecessor of the B-2 built in the 1940's, for Northrup. When he tried to retire from Northrup, the U.S. Air Force "hired" him as a consultant to review many different top-secret airframes of the time and throughout the 50's and early 60's, including the SR-71 and several foreign aircraft they happend to "find" pictures for.

Even before this he had been doing consulting work for the Air Force, helping them identify unknown aircraft. When the crash happened in New Mexico, he was retrieved from his bed and flown out there to analyze what they found. When he came home, he wouldn't come talk about it except to deny that it was a weather balloon. He would never say what it was either. He took everything he knew with him to his grave because of his oath of secrecy to his government.

All I can go by is his belief that it wasn't a weather balloon. The Air Force obviously thought he knew what he was talking about because they employed him until the 1970's. The binder with photos of the planes he worked on is 5 inches thick which is pretty extensive.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an amazing story. You have an endless list of stories like that, don't you? You always seem to know something-or-other about the subject at hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The government likes to do lots of strange things in New Mexico. It was probably just one of their experiments. We have two National Labs here and some military bases and lots of open spaces. There's the "Taos hum" too that nobody seems to be able to figure out. Some people think it comes from Los Alamos. When underground waste caught on fire when Los Alamos was burning down, they kept telling everybody it wasn't dangerous... but was it? I was camping near Los Alamos once and we heard a bunch of explosions in the middle of the night. Another time we saw a strange plane flying near Los Alamos. In the 1940s spies sold secrets to the Russians under a bridge that was across the street from the house I was born in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aliens.... time travel.... worm holes....

All terribly exciting dont you think?

But I honestly don't know anymore. A friend and I used to be REALLY into this, a couple of years ago that is, we used to find out as much as we could about this kind of stuff.

But it got to much, and a little boring.

There are way to many theories. I have to many to list here, but maybe one day we'll find out.

russell.cz.cc - coming soon (I promise!)