SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an old cruddy computer that has a Canon LBP 430W printer that we use to print stuff out with (duh) but we temporarily added a Epson Stylus to it, we know longer use that anymore though.

But now the Canon doesnt work, I installed all the necessary files from a floppy and then uninstalled the Epson, but all the comp does is freezes for 5 seconds, and then works for 5 seconds in a continuous loop... it says its printing but never gets anywhere.

When I CTRL+ALT+DEL I get this program that I don't normally see called 'Spool32' and it isnt responding, when I go end task the comp runs ok again, but then the printer stops responding and doesnt work at all....

Can anyone help me? It would be much appreciated.
    russell.cz.cc - coming soon (I promise!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried formatting your computer? Maybe it could be your virus scan, if you have one. It can sometimes disrupt installions of old programs and drivers, at least from my experience. I would suggest buying a new printer, they are incrediblely cheap nowadays and print with excellent quality. I have a HP Deskjet 400! I will be getting a new one. But my primary advice is don't use old programs, old printers and old hardware with new computers, it can really mess up your computer.
    I have a scanner and the program that came with it doesn't work after Y2K!

Hope this was good advice!

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go into the Printer control panel for your Canon. On the Details tab, Click on spool settings.

On this dialog box click on "Print Directly to Printer".

Also double check that your Bi-Directional settings are correct and your using an appropriate Bi-Directional cable if needed. This information should be listed in your manual. While your checking the the manual double check your Parallel port settings in the BIOS. I think the best setting would be ECP 1.7 but make sure with your documentation.

I looked for the model number you listed as using but there was no information on the Canon site about it.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------