SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please help to pass multiple values at multiple times.

hello everyone,
    i m working on project in that the key concept is to transfer water from one location to other location. first of all we have many system, sub-system, units, and tanks. here i domenstrate the condition of this plant.
    a. SYSTEM A
    i. SUB-SYSTEM X
    Tank format:- UNIT - Tank_No. - TK - Sl_No.
    I. 1-7313-TK-1
    II. 1-7313-TK-2
    III. 1-7313-TK-3
    IV. 2-7313-TK-1
    V. 2-7313-TK-2
    VI. 2-7313-TK-3
    ii. SUB-SYSTEM Y
    Similar Tanks with different name.
    iii. SUB-SYSTEM Z

here system, sub-system, unit decides the location of tanks. it not necessary that SYSTEM B should have similar sub-system, unit and tanks. it can vary.

i want to move water from one system tank to other system tank. before draining water from tank. i wil first take the reading like Initial_Level, Final_Level, Total_Qty., etc and put those reading into to database using textboxes. Similarly i wil perform this operation at destination tanks.

now the problem is if i want to move water from multiple source tanks to multiple destination tanks. i don't know how to perform this task.

can anyone help please?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Cups's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are humans involved in these decisions, if so, to what degree, and how do you see their GUI looking/behaving roughly speaking?

Resident OCD goofball! bronze trophy Serenarules's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the description, it sounds like he wants to update his transfer transaction form such that he can affect more than one transfer at a time. Such as a form with duplicated sets of textboxes, with indexed name attributes? OP: let me know if this sounds right. If so, we can instruct you better with an example of your current form.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya humans involved in these decisions like from which tank to send the water to which tank as destination. n also suppose we r transfering water to tank which 80% filled and we r transfering the water more than the capacity of tat particular tank. in tat case the person wil decide which is the next tank to fill. n also it depends on the person to tak the readings, he has to take the readings correctly.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ serenarules;
    u r right. u sounds the correct wat i mean.