SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I`m currently hosting my site with an NT provider.
    I would like to ask the following questions:

1- I would like to set one of my website directory for sensitive data which require a username and password to be viewed , and enable people to bookmark the password page and not the pages inside the protected directory , how can I do that?

2- How do I create templates with dreamweaver 3.0?

3- I would like to use menu navigation using DHTML , like the ones used by microsoft website , How can I do that?

Any answers are highly appreciated.

Regards
    Waleed

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by willya340
    Hi

I`m currently hosting my site with an NT provider.
    I would like to ask the following questions:

1- I would like to set one of my website directory for sensitive data which require a username and password to be viewed , and enable people to bookmark the password page and not the pages inside the protected directory , how can I do that?
    You can't prevent the user from bookmarking a password protected page. Since your on an NT host I suggest you look into a few articles on using ASP for security. Go to ASPIN.com and search for Security or look under Applications: User Management

2- How do I create templates with dreamweaver 3.0?
    Templates are simply HTML files that you reuse. Open the Dreamweaver help file and search for Templates. It will tell you how to utilize them to your advantage.

3- I would like to use menu navigation using DHTML , like the ones used by microsoft website , How can I do that?
    Check out Dynamic Drive. They have several dropdown menus available for your use. The best in my opinion was submitted by Mike Hall and you can download it directly at his site The Brain Jar.
    Any answers are highly appreciated.

Regards
    Waleed [/B][/QUOTE]
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Thanks for the reply.