User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange behavior with CSS div's

Hi,
    I'm trying to get rid of table driven pages and move into the fun and exciting world of CSS. I have a page I'm playing around with:
    My Test Page

As you can see I haven't quite got the hang of things

See the green strip running horizontally through the page? I'm trying to get rid of that thing. I thought it was just that I wasn't aligning or padding or margining correctly. I've been playing with all of these settings.

Here's something odd that I noticed. When viewing the page, change the font size using your browser. If you change the text size that little strip I'm trying to kill changes width!!

There are two possible solutions:
    1) As a newbie, there's something simple I'm missing.
    2) My page is such a hodge-podge that there's no telling what's messing it up and I should start from scratch...

Is there a solution from category 1)? Otherwise I'll figure it's a 2) and move on.

Thanks for your time and help,
    Michael
    Perspicuous Solutions, Inc.
    Providing root access control of your Internet hosting environment.
    Affordable, Flexible - in a word, Perspicuous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I can't answer your actual problem, but I was wondering if you noticed that the div underneath the green line was also a bit shorter than the one above

That's just like me, add to the problem instead of the solution

Good luck with the transformation (I've yet to make mine completely ) and next you can put all your <h1> and <font>s into the style sheet too, if you want yay!
    Il vaut mieux garder la bouche fermée
    et laisser les gens penser que t'es stupide
    que l'ouvrir et les laisser sans aucun doute...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Mr. Simian, I did notice that

I just didn't want to overload everyone with all my troubles...
    ... but since you brought it up:
    If you look very carefully you will notice that the right border isn't flush all the way down. The main section is indented about 2 pixels. Oh, also there are a few rogue (...a spell checker would be nice about now...) pixels at the top of the page, that isn't my intention - but I could live with it. That line in the middle though is the one that's driving me 'bananas'.

Ah, much work to be done. I guess it can never get it perfect though. I need to get my service out on search engines and advertised. But I keep wanting to wait until it's just right. Analysis paralysis. But if I can get that blasted strip removed it will be one step closer!!

Thanks,
    Michael
    Perspicuous Solutions, Inc.
    Providing root access control of your Internet hosting environment.
    Affordable, Flexible - in a word, Perspicuous!