User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Google places

Hi

Since Google places has been taken away i have been trying to get my site seen via "local" on Google + but to no avail. It always used to be on page 1 with Google places.

Are there any tips for getting your site up there? I know reviews are supposed to be hlpful but when I look at the ones that are up there some have no reviews at all.

Anyone cracked this yet?

thanks for your time,

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your post makes no sense to me at all. "Google" is a search engine, "Google+" is social media. You can't get your site "on" either. The search engine can index your site and when that happens, it will rank somewhere. You can link and/or claim your website on social media, but you can't move it in there/host it, or whatever.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benbob View Post
    Your post makes no sense to me at all. "Google" is a search engine, "Google+" is social media. You can't get your site "on" either. The search engine can index your site and when that happens, it will rank somewhere. You can link and/or claim your website on social media, but you can't move it in there/host it, or whatever.
    Google places used to appear on Google. when it was taken down it was replaced Google + local. which appear now amongst the organic google results on the search pages.

It is useful for businesses who want to show up when a locality is in the search engine text box.

Mine never shows up. Can anyone help?

thank you