User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProSence View Post
    Isn't it be good if we don't care follow and nofollow for more natural links?
    Yes, exactly. Make your links follow or nofollow, depending on which is correct for that particular link in that particular situation, not based on some artificially-set percentage.
    Don't serve your porridge and then go out for a walk.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont really understand how googles work. some times i feel how its work is like mistery! panda? penguin ? its iritating me, so now i will focus on content.

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eridesktop View Post
    i dont really understand how googles work. some times i feel how its work is like mistery! panda? penguin ? its iritating me, so now i will focus on content.
    Good! That's exactly what they want you to do, and probably the best long-term strategy

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, lot of opinions here. This is what works for ME.

-Websites that provide value to the visitor.
    -Content should be clear of what's going on right away - giving info, selling, etc.
    -Unique content (goes without saying, but for the sake of thoroughness)
    -Don't care about "do-follow, no-follow, or up-follow" as it makes no diff.
    and.....
    -Backlinks: yes, relevant quality backlinks. Goog cooks the rankings (all their content shows up - g+, youtube, ads above the fold, etc).

In my opinion - 80% they control - the other 20% is artificial intelligence that is wild for which they really have no control over. << more than obvious when you search for stuff.
    Online Marketing Tricks
    ^ My free course on increasing sales on your websites - just optin.
    OMG Machines
    ^ Real SEO.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp View Post
    Really? I have never heard of the "rel="dofollow"". Is this new? or are you just making it up?
    You should have read my entire response... it is clear that I said:

But if you opt to pass your PR juice to the site you are linking, then feel free to use nothing, I mean if it's dofollow, leave the link as is without putting dofollow.

So you get it now? Sometimes do not react without reading the whole discussion. Perhaps I am wrong putting rel="dofollow", but somehow it's good for representation... "substance over form"...

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Aque View Post
    You should have read my entire response... it is clear that I said:

But if you opt to pass your PR juice to the site you are linking, then feel free to use nothing, I mean if it's dofollow, leave the link as is without putting dofollow.

So you get it now? Sometimes do not react without reading the whole discussion. Perhaps I am wrong putting rel="dofollow", but somehow it's good for representation... "substance over form"...
    I did read the whole response! I was poking fun at you at there is no such thing as the rel="dofollow" ... you were making it up.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEO strategy is becoming simpler every day because search engines become better at spotting blackhat every day. I am completely convinced that whatever "clever" trick you can still use today to bump your ranking artificially, will soon be killed.
    What search engine designers/engineers are striving for, is developing a series of algorithms that are as good at judging a site on its helpful content as a human. Google, as the market leader with huge investment potential, hire the best in the world to do this and improve their product on a day by day basis.
    Following from this, is the conclusion that the best long term strategy is to forget to try and outsmart the search engine, and just build websites that are truly useful for the user. An added (very big) bonus of this strategy, is that your click:sale ratio will be far higher than that of a site that is artificially lifted to top positions, but is effectively un unhelpful, spammy site.
    I've been using this strategy for over a year and found that both Google and Bing rank it quite well, and that the visit:call as well as the call:sale ratios are extremely good.