SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stumbleupon is overlook particularly in the UK. massive source of traffic.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoonfxmedia View Post
    stumbleupon is overlook particularly in the UK. massive source of traffic.
    When it first came out, I used StumbleUpon a lot, but I found it took a whole lot more time than Twitter or Facebook. I'd sure like to see some info on how to make using StumbleUpon effective and easier to build a web presence. If you have some links to that type of info, please share them.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    When it first came out, I used StumbleUpon a lot, but I found it took a whole lot more time than Twitter or Facebook. I'd sure like to see some info on how to make using StumbleUpon effective and easier to build a web presence. If you have some links to that type of info, please share them.
    Yeah, In the start I do get some good traffic from it, But now not so much, I have around 1000 good followers but still, when i share i don't get much traffic. I dont know the reason, Some help would be helpful :P

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As my personal experience and what i have learned about these social media sites i thing Facebook and twitter are most using site for communication and other social affairs in these days and really working quite effectively. Also managing the blog's traffic quite well out there. I have not used Pinterest and Linkedin as yet.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delicious, StumbleUpon, Chime, Myspace, Pinterest, google plus, Twitter, Facebook, LiveJournal, Flickr, Reddit, LinkedIn, Digg, storebored, DiggBookrJournal, and so go on and on...

There are so much, there is too much. I guess you'll have a fulltime job updating every webtool there is to promote your blog each time you post something new.

Another question:
    I have a personal website with a manual made photo blog integrated. I'm okay with the amount visitors I get, but not with the amount of comments/feedback.
    When I post exactly the same photos on my Flickr account, I get a lot less visitors, but a lot more comments/feedback.
    For me, the most important is a few comments instead of the quantity of silent visitors.
    I even doubt to quit my personal website and only post further on Flickr, that is a community. Why have both?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulevardi View Post

Another question:
    I have a personal website with a manual made photo blog integrated. I'm okay with the amount visitors I get, but not with the amount of comments/feedback.
    When I post exactly the same photos on my Flickr account, I get a lot less visitors, but a lot more comments/feedback.
    For me, the most important is a few comments instead of the quantity of silent visitors.
    I even doubt to quit my personal website and only post further on Flickr, that is a community. Why have both?
    I have thought about that as well. I have four blogs and a website and I wonder why I need five domains except for the fact that I get them pretty cheap. I can post notes on facebook that get much more attention than blogposts. (Don't look for them. They are all down pending a major update) However, my main website is for my business. For me, having the websites is also a way to spread my brand. The more visible you are, the better are your chances of directing traffic to your primary site.

If your only website is purely personal, then you may as well use Social medioto galleries IMO. But, if your aim is to become known as a credible writer/photographer then I would stick with your own domain and make sure you have fresh content there you can link to through social media that isn't published elsewhere.

I have written content for several commercial photographers and one thing that always puzzles me is that some of them use Flicker to post their work instead of their business websites. Looks amateurish to me.
    Linda Jenkinson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, all the four sites you mentioned are the top 4 of the most visitor driving sites list, and all these site drive approx over 8 million visitors daily, particularly, LinkedIn which is growing community and has achieved a top position for driving more than 10 million visitors to it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhon24 View Post
    There are some popular social sites now.

1. Facebook

2. Twitter

3. Pinterest

4. Linkedin

I am using these and some others too, to increase my blog traffic. I am not getting very much traffic from Facebook or Linkedin. Don't know why. But getting good amount of traffic from twitter and pinterest.

What is your experience about these social sites?
    Facebook, twitter and StumbleUpon are the best for increase the traffic and visitor of a website and a blog also. But one thing is very clear that you can increase your traffic when you have a strong network or more follow and friends on these website and other word more network give more traffic. Try to increase more followers on twitter and stumbleupon, make more friends or like on Facebook. Then you will get huge traffic on your blog....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micro blogging for blog traffic

I think best ones are Twitter and Fb. As we know Twitter is for micro-blogging so mostly twitter because you will gain more traffic.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nothing new added here for quite some time that hasn't already been mentioned several times. THREAD CLOSED.
    Linda Jenkinson