SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to point of SEO..the Facebook is having that ability, by this we can easily promote our business....because there are some good services available in Facebook...like Create a Profile, Create a page, Create an add, Posts, Add Images, Upload Videos....Main thing is many people are using Facebook, so for every business they have to put their total concentrate on Customers or visitors...So this is the right place for every business person, where we have to promote our business and increase our business revenue....

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shuanromy View Post
    According to point of SEO..the Facebook is having that ability, by this we can easily promote our business....because there are some good services available in Facebook...like Create a Profile, Create a page, Create an add, Posts, Add Images, Upload Videos....Main thing is many people are using Facebook, so for every business they have to put their total concentrate on Customers or visitors...So this is the right place for every business person, where we have to promote our business and increase our business revenue....
    According to the point of this forum's guidelines (check the sticky marked "IMPORTANT") this forum is not about SEO. It's about Social Media Content and how to add it. If you wish to discuss SEO, please use the Internet Marketing forum to do so.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can rank Twitter as best for traffic generation. As you mentioned you are already taking good response! its means you have done good efforts from this site. You need to improve your efforts to get more knowledge about this week. Twitter is fast growing social media platform so your deep search and innovative thinking can provide you lots of benefits and maximum traffic.

Team SitePoint
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really want to use them all. its all about coverage and content.

push push push.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angelobe77 View Post
    You really want to use them all. its all about coverage and content.

push push push.

Quite curious about your reply. What do you mean by "all". Wikipedia lists over 200 Social Media sites. if one was to use them all, he or she wouldn't have much of a life other than working on Social media.
    Last edited by Shyflower; Dec 4, 2012 at 09:38. Reason: added forgotten word "life"
    Linda Jenkinson

Team SitePoint
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Quite curious about your reply. What do you mean by "all". Wikipedia lists over 200 Social Media sites. if one was to use them all, he or she wouldn't have much of a other than working on Social media.
    Apologies for confusion I mean't the big 4 listed by OP. FaceBook (& Instagram), Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. You also want to have a google+ presence. Social Media needs to be utilized EVERY DAY for it to be effective. It Cant be an afterthought.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post a reply to the thread: Which Social site You think best for blog traffic?

It's depend to your website nature .. other wise this social networks are best

LinkedIn
    Qoura
    twitter

its a best traffic generate also

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhon24 View Post
    There are some popular social sites now.

1. Facebook

2. Twitter

3. Pinterest

4. Linkedin

I am using these and some others too, to increase my blog traffic. I am not getting very much traffic from Facebook or Linkedin. Don't know why. But getting good amount of traffic from twitter and pinterest.

What is your experience about these social sites?
    Pinterest is great in driving traffic as you said, if you have images with your blog posts. In fact Facebook and Linkedin has lots of potential to drive traffic to blogs as well. What you have to do is, post the excerpt of the blog in groups related to your niche. You could start discussions in 3rd party active groups which could drive enormous traffic to your blog. Spend more time in active groups rather than just posting in your facebook or linkedin wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote for Facebook, because you can have your own fan page here with a lot of fans, fan page is very good thing for comercial.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can say Twitter is on top of all social medias. Twitter makes it also easy for me to set up searches for questions that Twitter users are asking which also might relate to my posts.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Driving traffic from social media to your blog takes time and patience. It doesn't happen overnight. Social media is “value add” to other traffic-driving systems. You can use Twitter search to monitor keywords related to your blog. Involvement and participation in social media helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, I guess Facebook and Stumbleupon are the best, I have earned thousands of dollars because of those websites. If there isn't Facebook, I would still be a poor guy :P I guess now you can know, how much i have earned form both. You just need to have more facebook likes and active page, and on stumble, you need to have lots of followers who like your shares right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are top 3 social networking sites which bring more traffic to a site, it however depends on what technique you use to drive traffic from linkedin and facebook, also the other factor that counts is how frequently do you update your page and what content do you update this all matters the most and do you perform SMO for driving visitors on your site through Social Sites.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I choose Google+ and Linked. Great way to increase the visibility of your website.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are all main social media should consider, I like twitter, facebook, google+, pinterest and so on. it all will be helpful to your website or blog.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as per my exp. blog traffic totally depends upon what niche you are blogging most Traffic giving Blogs Categories are Travel, Gadget, Health, Beauty tips, Seo and Web Development etc so if you blogging under these niche so twiiter and Linkedin two best Social Channels to generate referral and Direct traffic.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To drive more traffics through social media, I use almost of them, such as Facebook, Twitter, Stumble, Digg, and other popular social media.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhon24 View Post
    There are some popular social sites now.

1. Facebook

2. Twitter

3. Pinterest

4. Linkedin

I am using these and some others too, to increase my blog traffic. I am not getting very much traffic from Facebook or Linkedin. Don't know why. But getting good amount of traffic from twitter and pinterest.

What is your experience about these social sites?
    Facebook seams to be the easiest to manage.

I do have a LinkedIn account, but it's more for business professionals. Trouble is you loose touch of them on there. Facebook is also more for friends. Generally speaking for traffic, Pinterest is the most affective on it's own, maybe this is because it's the newest from the list.

With Facebook try YouTube videos. I got quite a bit of traffic with my videos. If you target both your twitter and Facebook then you're likely to increase your chances of success. Imagine, you have a YouTube video and with a single tweet you're targeting 2 different mediums. Better yet if you have an article to go with that video you can link this on the bottom. You just have to give people what they like, and test many waters before you know what works and what doesn't.

The game is starting to now change with the advent of sponsored advertising now on YouTube and Facebook. These sponsored adds are taking the fun out of the game.

Would make sense if those sponsored adds were related to what I want to see, but that's not the case. Just last week I saw Pizza Hut UK as a sponsored add, which was displayed on the very top. Giving it maximum exposure made me feel as if my account was somehow hi-jacked. If they displayed a useful web design trick then I would have felt that my experience was complimented.

The same can be said for YouTube advertising. We're likely to see YouTube being flooded by wannabe Justin Bieber's wanting to make their mark by shedding hundreds or even thousands on advertising. I am not sure what YouTube and Facebook's mission are with these adverts, but I can clearly say they are not working for the consumers, this doesn't have to be the case. "If You’re Not Paying for It; You’re the Product" rings to mind.

Social media is currently the fastest changing area on the internet. What works today might be obsolete tomorrow. When something is new you're likely to get caught up in the trend and generally be rewarded in traffic. The older the platform is, the less it seams to work, unless that platforms keeps changing in order to keep people interested and keep competitors down.

I hope this helped.
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sega View Post
    Facebook seams to be the easiest to manage.

I do have a LinkedIn account, but it's more for business professionals. Trouble is you loose touch of them on there. Facebook is also more for friends. Generally speaking for traffic, Pinterest is the most affective on it's own, maybe this is because it's the newest from the list.

With Facebook try YouTube videos. I got quite a bit of traffic with my videos. If you target both your twitter and Facebook then you're likely to increase your chances of success. Imagine, you have a YouTube video and with a single tweet you're targeting 2 different mediums. Better yet if you have an article to go with that video you can link this on the bottom. You just have to give people what they like, and test many waters before you know what works and what doesn't.

The game is starting to now change with the advent of sponsored advertising now on YouTube and Facebook. These sponsored adds are taking the fun out of the game.

Would make sense if those sponsored adds were related to what I want to see, but that's not the case. Just last week I saw Pizza Hut UK as a sponsored add, which was displayed on the very top. Giving it maximum exposure made me feel as if my account was somehow hi-jacked. If they displayed a useful web design trick then I would have felt that my experience was complimented.

The same can be said for YouTube advertising. We're likely to see YouTube being flooded by wannabe Justin Bieber's wanting to make their mark by shedding hundreds or even thousands on advertising. I am not sure what YouTube and Facebook's mission are with these adverts, but I can clearly say they are not working for the consumers, this doesn't have to be the case. "If You’re Not Paying for It; You’re the Product" rings to mind.

Social media is currently the fastest changing area on the internet. What works today might be obsolete tomorrow. When something is new you're likely to get caught up in the trend and generally be rewarded in traffic. The older the platform is, the less it seams to work, unless that platforms keeps changing in order to keep people interested and keep competitors down.

I hope this helped.
    I've been hearing about LinkedIn. I've never use it. Is it like Pinterest or instagram?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's facebook. I has the most number of user.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of them bring. Create account in almost every social media you know: Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Google+, Flickr etc. Also it's not enough to have links on the social networking sites, pointing towards your website though. You need to give people a reason to check out the website. Your posts on social networks should explain the benefits of your website/blog.
    Last edited by Stevie D; Dec 12, 2012 at 06:35. Reason: Fake signature deleted

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stumble upon and storebored.com, that what I am using right now and it took affect.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on your niche, but I've found social news sites like Newsvine and Reddit to be fantastic places to post.

Obviously, both sites are very strong on spam so if you're only posting for your own gain and not to share your knowledge with a community that wants to listen then you're going to get banned and your site will lose whatever good reputation it had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ULTiMATE View Post
    It depends on your niche, but I've found social news sites like Newsvine and Reddit to be fantastic places to post.

Obviously, both sites are very strong on spam so if you're only posting for your own gain and not to share your knowledge with a community that wants to listen then you're going to get banned and your site will lose whatever good reputation it had.
    yeah, you are right, but if you do it right, like just submit your website only one time, then may be you don't get banned if you have one good thing to share with the community.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fcbsglobal View Post
    yeah, you are right, but if you do it right, like just submit your website only one time, then may be you don't get banned if you have one good thing to share with the community.
    But if you only have one good thing to share with the community, how will you build your Social presence? I joined a cluster of sites when Social Media started trending. Most of them are near-dead to the point that you hear little about them any longer and I haven't used them for ages. I am sure that I would be 'unknown' to their communities if the sites are still active.

You are much better off finding social sites where your interests are similar to other members so you do have something to say that they want to hear. Nobody that I know wants their social media news feed (or whatever they are called) filled with self-promotional links from another member and someone that only posts one or two links (especially to their own site) is quickly dropped from my connections.
    Linda Jenkinson