SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My site is an e-commerce directory and collects and refers e-commerce, internet marketing, website development and etc. solutions and advice to visitors.

Please review my site and give me comments on the following:

1. Design, color
    2. Response time
    3. Usefulness of Information
    4. Whether it can achieve my site\'s purpose (described above)
    5. Any thing needs to be improved
    6. What can be done to enhance its service?

7. Any other things you can think of.

Many Many Thanks in advance

Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    It\'s pritty good site .......

.....but it just reminds me of another altavista/yahoo wana-be site gone bad (the colors). I don\'t think you should use so many colors, try to stick with maybe red, black, blue, and gray or somthing like that. I would try to make the headings blue or black and gray backgrounds on the left table. I think that would look really good! Resopnse time is great, the content is great. I\'d just change the colors then it would be perfect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. 6 out of 10
    I like the fact that you are striving for a simple, straight-forward layout. A couple comments, though. The first is to consider combing all of the text above the search bar on your home page into one comprehensive graphic; something like Amazon.com - tabs, text, links, dropdowns, and text boxes. The other comment is a bit more subjective; I counted about 15 different colors on your site now including the banners. You may want to simplify this.

2. 8 out of 10
    It responded fast for me. According to FrontPage, the home page downloads in about 10 seconds for a 56K modem user which isn't too bad considering the amount of content.

3. 6 out of 10
    I didn't read a great deal, but I could tell that there a lot of content to found. Its layout seems confusing, though. There are multiple links to catagories with the same name, although, they reside in different directories. I made sense of it after a few minute, but you may want to consider one overall directory structure.

4. 8 out of 10
    The site is headed in the right direction. Just remember to solict continues feedback from your users.
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my friends love me at times because I'm straight forward and my friends hate me at times because I'm straight forward. So, here goes what I think!

1. Design, color

You design isn't unique enough, it has been done, it doesn't stick out or give me a reason to return. Colors look good, however, they have been done as well. Reinvent yourself a little. Try to stick out.

2. Response time

Seemed kind of slow, but I'm using Net Zero right now on my 1.4 ghz 512 mgram computer. So, I'm not sure if Net Zero is being slow, I know it isn't my computer.

Good content. However, it reminds me too much of other sites. Add some more original content and ideas.

Who knows!

Reinvent the site!

Add new things to it that make it stick out. Use flash if you have to or add services and more interactivity. Just do something to that extent.

NOpe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Design, color

I think you should stick to only a few colours, one should be the same as your logo.

2. Response time

The time seemed pretty good - same as other search engines.

It found the relevant stuff

Up to u

The colour mainly and make it more original - its not a normal search engine - so use that to your advantage.

Offer ratings of services?

I would get rid of that yellow paint thing - i.e. when you search for web design - its paints any of those two words in yellow.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for everyone comment. I will take your advice into consideration. e.g. color stuff, interactivity. Indeed, I will add message board later on. For the rating system, I can do this, but need to perform some experiment first. As many site with such a rating system does not yield active voters. Need to study it more.

For the Flash suggestion, I have a little bit conservative. Please advise me how to wisely use Flash at a site mainly serve small business and webmasters's business needs. I need more time to study.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments. I still welcome more suggestions.
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Design, color - 9 of 10
    I felt like I was pretty familiar with the site the second it loaded up. The design and colors gave me the impression that I was looking at a Yahoo! type site.

2. Response time - 9 of 10
    The page loaded fairly quickly, I only had to wait 3 seconds between the time the browser connected to the server and the page appeared.

3. Usefulness of content - 7 of 10
    I liked the content, but most of it was old news. If you could add some original information, it would greatly help the site's purpose.

Chances are fairly good if you work hard at it and are dedicated. Don't let yourself get sidetracked, and you should do fine.

5. Anything needs to be improved
    Not that I can think of right now, except for original content

6. Overall - 7 of 10
    It's a good site with a nice design and layout, but the content needs to be fresh. Otherwise, this site is defintly one that could be a winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice fast, well layed out site. Most things have been said before so I won't say them again. The one thing I maybe would do is put a mouseover or rollover effect on all the links, as there are a lot and sometimes you can't tell which one you are on. Other than that it looks great...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ---------DETAILS-----------
    Browser and Version: MS Internet Explorer 5.5
    Screen Resolution: 1280x960 on 15"
    Colors: 16 bit high color
    Operating System: MS Windows 98
    Javascript Enabled: Yes
    Cookies enabled: Yes
    Connection speed: 56k modem

1. Design, color

An interesting pastel-ish design, easy to read, but seems impersonal -- which is probably a plus, since this is a business site. Good job.

2. Response time

Pretty good loading time with my 56k. Much better than it could be. You get an A.

I'm not into eBusiness myself personally, but there are a lot of resources here, and even an eZine. Even if it's not generally useful information, you're sure to please someone with something, many times over.

4. Whether it can achieve my site's purpose

Defintely. You've got a keeper.

5. Any thing needs to be improved:

The purple bar above the search engine at the top of the page has a white font that I find difficult to read, particularly the non-boldface text; before it, in boldface, is legible enough.

Maybe try to set up some interviews with people already in the business? The founders of amazon.com perhaps, or eBay.com. Never know until you try.

It never hurts to update often! I have a lot of respect for people who update their web site daily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to say I don't like the mix of colors...mint green, mustard yellow, brick red, and a sort of mauve...I'd stick with red, dark blue, and possibly yellow. eGroups.com uses blue and yellow and the result is quite nice.

I'd also try to add some rounded corners if possible - they're a personal favorite of mine and I feel they make a big difference.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all reviewers. I have several points to respond:

1. Thank you for your effort. It seems that many of you think that my site has good info.. But I will not be complacent, and will improve it all the time.

2. For the frequency of update, actually, my site is frequently update (at least several updates per week). May be adding some articles, some more resources in directory. However, I will improve the frequency of update as per your request. (Thank you to your idea :>)

3. For the color, the results is a mix. Someone like it and someone don't like it. I will seek more ideas about that, and is receptive to change or even re-pick all the colors, if it is really necessary.

4. For the interactive feature, well, I will actually add several forums in the near future. Any other ideas to come?

5. Jebal has mentioned a very good point: Make some interviews with successful business owners. Do we share the same brain? I really have planned to do so (of course, more than that). but you know, it's not a simple thing to do high quality interviews, and need lots of planning and negotiation. Hope this can be acheived at the end of this year.

6. Still welcome ideas coming from this community.

Hope every contributor's site is growing and growing quick!