SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Image slicing? "Slicing"? "Cut ups" Am I searching for the wrong thing?

Just yesterday, I came across some really neat personal pages and saw some pretty neat layouts. I've seen a certain effect applied that I've been wanting to know for some time, now. I'm not sure what the proper name for it is, so it's kinda hard for me to find help. If you view this from Epolady or this notice at the bottom of the graphics they're "sliced" off. Another example would be this button from Emily's World Can some one please give me some input?? Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions? lol *confused* Thanks in advance
    webgeek_bOnnie

webality...dunno what it means bcp_2005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Fireworks to do my slicing work. If you have it let me know...I'd be glad to help you learn how to slice images and all that.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that we need more information. Did you want to create the buttons on a page or slice it from something else? What software would you use to do it in? Slicing can be done in both Fireworks and Photoshop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can do this, such as the button by creating your deminsions and then having your background transparent(Export as png or gif when optomizing) or white if yo prefer and then just using your rectangle marquee tool you could draw the seperate squares. Holding shift while drawing multiple marquees would allow you to create the shape in the Middle of Emily's button. This will combine marquees. All of this is Assuming you have photoshop but i'm sure its done similar in other programs.