Well, no. But changing how "users" use our websites: http://usability.com.au/2012/11/chan...ser-behaviour/

He proposes that if, as more and more people start using the Interwebs, that their main use is social media pages, that they're basically being trained on the interfaces of such sites which is different from the "general" web interface we build into our websites (usually we do this with the assumption that the interface will be "intuitive" or "familiar" to most visitors, because we're following web "conventions". Right?).

He points out secondly that the behaviour of searching for information is generally by users typing a search term (though also whole URLs) into Google. I would think this confusion is made even greater by more and more browsers combining the address bar with the search bar (Chrome for example has a does-everything bar at top). As a developer I find a single does-all bar to be great, but I had already been trained with the idea that the URL bar is for whole URLs (and if incomplete, would give me a "I dunno what this address is" message from the browser) and that searching took place after navigating to a search engine. While you can still do this, it's no longer default on most places and people new to Interwebs are learning a different interface (and missing some of what's-what in the process).

As Hudson says:
Quote Originally Posted by Roger
Why bother learning how to use a site to find what you want when Google will do it for you? To quote one recent test participant:

Quote Originally Posted by teen
I normally just type the words in Google and it comes up. I always select one of the top results, because if I type a good question it will be there.
On the other hand, I would think users are maybe writing better search queries than they did 10 years ago... though with SEO and gaming the system involved, maybe not so much.

His conclusion includes:
Quote Originally Posted by Roger
A combination of this growing reliance on Google, and the suggested ‘Facebook effect’ may mean that it is time to reconsider some basic usability and accessibility principals[sic]...
... and that this may impact WCAG2's guideline 2.4 re navigation, and other WCAG guidelines.

Since some of us really care to know and learn "basic usability and accessibility principles" , we wouldn't want to learn the wrong ones. If they are changing out from under us, we need to be aware of that and make adjustments.