SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of offering free emai for my site visitors (once my site is up) but everything out their looks kind of confusing. Basically, I want something where they will have theirname@mysite.com and where the email page is a page I created. I checked out places like everyone.net but it links to a page they have set up, where I just get to make some adjustment to the page. That sucks. Is there anything like this out there for free? The only ones I've come across require a huge sum of $$$, something I don't have.

Thanks.
    fade

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't mind setting up Perl Scripts, you can find some free web-based email solutions at:
    http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Program..._Based_E_Mail/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best is http://www.alias-mail.com - will cost you a bit, but it's probably the best available. I've yet to hear a single complaint directed towards it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offer free email. It will only help you in the long run. Free Email is not that confusing. At the time (a year ago) signing up with a free email provider was easier than coding it myself. I would personally suggest that you have the CGI script installed on your server rather than letting someone else handle your email services. This way its fully customizable and you have all the ad space. Meaning more money! Bigmailbox.com and Everyone.net are both free.

This site has more options for you to start your free email service.
    http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_providers.htm

Alias-Mail.com is the best yet!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'm checking in to BigMailBox. The CGI scripts aren't for me. With BigMailBox I'll have a banner on the email page but that's not too bad, at least I can choose one of their many templates to hopefully fit in with my site.

Thanks again for the help.
    fade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by fade
    Thanks, I'm checking in to BigMailBox. The CGI scripts aren't for me. With BigMailBox I'll have a banner on the email page but that's not too bad, at least I can choose one of their many templates to hopefully fit in with my site.

Thanks again for the help.
    Also give http://www.everyone.net a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a user of BigMailbox.com I would suggest using Everyone.net. Its more flexible. You have more control. Bigmailbox.com had a forum for users to post things and they eventually shut it down because of all the negative responses.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? It looks good to me but I guess you don't know until you try it. I guess it's just me but I find everyone.net to look kind of cheesy.

Thanks.
    fade

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I don't know if anyone can help me out but I haven't received any responses on the Everyone.net board:

I set up an email account with Everyone.net's free service but when I go to read an email, the whole message (along with the banner at the top of the page) shifts to the right. It doesn't wrap around and stay in place like it should. Has anyone had this experience? Is there something I'm not doing or can this or can't this be fixed?

Again, I don't know if I should ask this here but their support board is not the greatest.

Thanks.
    fade