User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Please review my e-commerce B2B site

Hello,

we run a haberdashery wholesale online B2B site.
    The German version works good and we receive orders from there.
    The English version unfortunately won't start to sell at all.

We are really wondering why that is?
    Maybe the wording isn't very good?
    Maybe the design is too 'decent'?

The prices are cheaper than almost all other shops.
    Our shipping time is longer (but that doesn't bother Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands)
    PayPal should be common in the US and UK as well?
    Are we lacking of anything which makes it a show stopper?
    That's our URL:

http://haberdashery.m445.com/

Thank you for your help
    Lilly

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    When I look at the site I don't know what it's for. You need to make it really clear to visitors what you sell and why they should stay. The logo tells me nothing. I would say use that space to make it clear what you are selling.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply.
    Could you please clarify that?

We have 9 product pictures on the front page plus the category names describe what we are selling.
    How would we make it clearer for visitors?

Beside this: A part of the visitors comes through searches and keywords. So they should already know what they search for, find the products they looked for and still don't buy it.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Well, looking at your home page, I have no idea what the site is for, and that's a problem. And there are phrases like "Cheaper is impossible!" What does that mean? You need to give a lead-in to that, an explanation.

Even if a customer clicks a link to a product, the site doesn't really give any indication of what its overall purpose is or who you are. As I say, the logo has no meaning, so I'd prefer to see something at the top of the pages (in that white space) at least giving some indication of what the site is about—like a tag line or something. Something like "Good quality **** products from China at a fair price" or something like that. (Replace **** with some indication of what kinds of products you are selling.) Don't rely on people researching you. You need to reach out to them and build trust—especially where China is concerned, as there is very little trust in products from that contry (at least where I live).

SitePoint Enthusiast IamOnStage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currency could auto detect depending on the country the site is viewed from.
    E-Commerce sites are all about Usability and helping the customer find the product they want. The site navigation needs some more work. Here are a few things I would improve: Something to suggest that the navigation across the top is a substantial drop down, I was very surprised to see so many categories when I hovered, and it took me a few minutes to actually put my mouse there and see the options. This needs to be very obvious to push the customers to browse your products.
    There is still some German in the site in the Navigation which needs to be translated.

I am not sure how set in stone this is, but m445.com doesn't sound very promising and the logo expresses no personality. This seams like the target audience are creative fabric people, and the name and the veg (i think it is a veg) doesn't show me the company has passion for the industry. Perhaps a more creative name and logo that will attract your target audience.

Good Luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there is something like a slogan/tag line lacking - yes, true. We have to think about it.

The currency detection is a good idea - we need to figure this out.
    About the navigation: There needs to be sth that tells people there is more on a mouse over, ok - makes sense.
    We're working on the translation, ok.

The logo and name is indeed not really associated with the prodcuts - but still, the shop sells in German. So I'm not sure whether just any word/logo would start as a 'good brand' when people got used to it.
    Sure - there are better/cuter/more creative names out there, but we are B2B. Here, we're wondering: How cute should the whole thing be and how professional/stiff might it stay?

Thank you for your opinions - I put them onto our todo list.
    Anything else is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lilly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe ralpha has a point. Other questions appear in my head as i crawl this site. For instance..

Are these products produced by YOUR people or you just commerce of them ? Doesn't say much about your providers or how/where this products are being produced.

And also, can i order something specific to be created just for me or i can only choose between the products listed?

You site looks great and the SEO is perfect and all works very pratical i assume.

Just maybe give some it a few more warm colours and etiquettes / info lines to the visitors like.. "We export HANDMADE products wordwide, special orders possible too".

You can put these titles in the "Many currencies supported" image that looks bad quality and it has unusefull messages like "Support English" .. yea sure :P

Have a look in one commerce website i created. <snip>

It has some nice headlines on the header that very quick and easy make clear to a visitor WHY he must choose "LED" between all type of lighting.

The effort to inform your visitor, gives your website an identity which is the most important factor nowdays.
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Dec 15, 2012 at 07:36. Reason: Self-promotional URL removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice stuff with reasonable price