SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross Platform CSS - Question to an old problem

I'm preparing for rework on an existing site for a client as well as another site. And in the process, I'm learning to hand code instead of relying on Dreamweaver to write my code for me at the advice of alot of folks here.

First of all I want to cater to both mac and pc users for this particular site I'm working on and everything I have read about Mac says there are differences in the way a site is rendered in the browser. Now I've seen web designers create two different style sheets (using dhtml or js) to load the CSS based on the platform of the browser so that the site renders according to the platform and browser which then compensates for any differences.

What I need to know is what do I need to consider when designing the style sheets for Mac; small fonts, pixel compensation, etc. I don't own a Mac obviously so I'm site-blind on the layout options.

btw, these sites will be designed with CSS-No tables if that helps.

I have two volunteers to help with the screen shots so I can see comparisons of both platforms. Can anyone maybe provide a sample of a style sheet created for Mac so I can at least see the element differences?

Thanks in advance for any information provided. I'm really stuck here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello World

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doug,

I found something similar on the web but this had some extra info the other page didn't include.

Thank you Very Much!!