User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by adam_shep
    Do they still teach typing in school? I'm surprised that more people don't type with two hands, using the right shift button for capitols and other characters typed with the left hand. Isn't that the way its supposed to be??
    I was going to take typing in school but on the first day the teacher gave us a typing test to see how we could do. I topped in at 80+ words a minute. She suggested that I didn't need to learn anything else about a keyboard. Being on a 32 line BBS in chat will do that to you. I use both hands to type but still rarely use the right shift, ctrl or alt keys.

My current keyboard has 140 keys so a lot of things have been relegated to the macro keys. I have keys for calculator, MS-WORD, MS-Excel, Textpad, Internet Explorer, SitePoint, copy, cut, paste, multimedia functions, sleep, suspend, power and much more. So I can use the left shift and arrows to select and then use those keys to move text around faster than with a mouse. I usually use keyboard combinations when typing instead of the mouse as well.

I still hardly use the right hand buttons. They are like vestigial organs, serving little or no purpose and taking up space.

Hmmm.. Maybe I should make a macro combination for some of the common smilies. Smilies in a single keypress that would be fun.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by freesources
    lol

I have an AZERTY so I don't have to hit the shift for

I use the left shift all the time, except dots, slashes and the question mark, cuz they are right beside the right one. SO DON'T REMOVE THAT KEY

Christophe
    AZERTY?

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hurt my little left finger playing basketball when I was 12. I usually use the left shift key until I realise my little finger is hurting and then I switch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mjames86
    I'm kind of ampedextrius.

I write left-handed, but do most other things with my right hand.

Yea thats how my best friend is. And I dont think its ampedextrius, I just thing that is screwed up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by abahta
    Originally posted by freesources
    lol

I have an AZERTY so I don't have to hit the shift for

I use the left shift all the time, except dots, slashes and the question mark, cuz they are right beside the right one. SO DON'T REMOVE THAT KEY

Christophe
    AZERTY?
    Yea thats what I was gonna say, but I thougth that I would just be stupdi for not knowing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always use the left one. I just realised that, and didn't even think about it until now.

I think part of the problem is the back slash is to the right of the right shift key so instead of just moving your right pinkie down and hitting something you have to actually move it down and left. very confusing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of you guys have a QWERTY. But a QWERTY doesn't have direct keys for special french letters. You see, in Belgium one of the national languages is French. And just type a French letter when you have to use ALT+165 and those kind of codes. I have used QWERTY though.. I like AZERTY better. Also QWERTY is older than AZERTY and therefore AZERTY has some keys placed otherwise so you can type even faster.

Christophe

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured it'd be something like that.

I think DVORAK is awesome...you guys should try it sometime

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just try not using the Right Shift when you have a Twinkie in your mouth and a hot chocolate in your hand and want to type a capitol P.
    Win a FREE book that's not an Ebook
    http://www.wii-fm.com

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by warrencon
    Just try not using the Right Shift when you have a Twinkie in your mouth and a hot chocolate in your hand and want to type a capitol P.
    ROFLMAO

Hehe... that's a good point!
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This summer as i had no computer i spent some money in cybercafés, and got mad many times because of the right shift button.
    I usually use it a lot, more than the left-shift (and i'm right-handed, i play basketball with my right hand but i aim with the left hand), but since the business there was more PC games than typing text, these keyboards had a "turbo" key just right of the right shift key. So instead of typing: "Hi Jake" i was typing "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhi jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjake".
    Start a petition against turbo keys, and against QWERTY keyboards ! (AZERTY has more ASCII stuff available, and doesn't duplicate numbers, what's the need of having both a range of numbers above the letters and a numpad ?)
    Bye, i'm off to crusade with my AZERTY holy sword and destroy infidels' cursed keyboards.
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Shin Ma
    This summer as i had no computer i spent some money in cybercafés, and got mad many times because of the right shift button.
    I usually use it a lot, more than the left-shift (and i'm right-handed, i play basketball with my right hand but i aim with the left hand), but since the business there was more PC games than typing text, these keyboards had a "turbo" key just right of the right shift key. So instead of typing: "Hi Jake" i was typing "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhi jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjake".
    Start a petition against turbo keys, and against QWERTY keyboards ! (AZERTY has more ASCII stuff available, and doesn't duplicate numbers, what's the need of having both a range of numbers above the letters and a numpad ?)
    Bye, i'm off to crusade with my AZERTY holy sword and destroy infidels' cursed keyboards.
    Haha