SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this website would benefit from a clean and crisp white background, instead of the teal.

Another thing I'd suggest is placing the "How it works" infographics on the homepage and move the pricing information to a 'Pricing' tab. This would help with the homepage seeming too "wordy" and draw attention to what your site offers, instead of how much it's going to cost.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Website is nice..but colors are not feel well..use blue and gray..or black and yellow..this is only for my suggestion..i don't know web design..i am seo analyst for <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Feb 2, 2013 at 05:19. Reason: No self-promotion, please.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pallet of this site is a really nice color selection. Right away, I would remove the shadows from the rounded rectangles. Nothing else on the site has shadows, and less is more and I think they would be stronger if everything was all flat ... no shadows. Also, on your slider, the arrows on the slider that allow you to navigate from the left or right, do not have a very strong contract because they get lost in the white ribbon thing behind it. I think you could change the colors of the arrows to one of the shades of blue that you are using with your current color scheme.

The banner that says "Reach a larger audience" could use a better type treatment. The current font you're using for that banner looks like a smushed version of impact (which is a font designers dont really use for web design). I am aware that you havent used that font, but it's similar to it. Try fonts like Univers, Helvetica, Bebas or a condense type face which would make that banner even stronger. =) Great job, though. I really love the direction. Nice work!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site, easy to read, although I think the footer can do with a bit more work, the contrast of the different images stick out a bit too much, try keeping the images to a similar color or design. Reduce the size of the paypal logo or find a png paypal logo where your design can blend in with it better, at the moment it just sticks out too much.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got 8 errors on the homepage according to the W3C validator, fix those.

I can barely read the "all rights reserved" in the footer, too similar to the background colour.

Contact form is too small.

I'd put some images of the sample websites on the examples page.

Overall pretty good though, this is fairly savage critique!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall looks great, but I confess I got impatient looking for your examples. When I first visited the site I scrolled down a couple inches to see the content so that your slidedhow was at the top of my screen. Then I started looking for 'portfolio' links and didn't see them. The tiny font navigation bar at the top of your site was off my screen and only after searching did I realize it was up there. Then I clicked on it, still no screenshots. Just text-only blocks describing what the websites do asking me to click AGAIN to see the portfolio. Which I never did because I'm in a rush this morning.

So, when I'm looking for web design companies I am visiting a lot of websites quickly trying to find someone who can deliver great looking websites. And I am a regular customer of web design companies. What I need to see really fast is a big page of screenshots that I can easily enlarge without leaving the page, just to make sure you can make something that looks good. In my experience 95% of the web designers out there can't make anything that looks nice, so asking me to dig into your site to find these nuggets isn't usually a time investment that pays off.

My opinion therefore is to stress the portfolio graphics, maybe a thumbnail section on your front page somewhere to catch my attention.

PS: "Your" site looks terrific aesthetically, but as a customer that isn't enough because surprisingly a lot of web design companies don't design their own site
    Chuck
    --------------------------
    Add Poker Tables to your Website
    http://www.PlugInPoker.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be blunt, it's not real attractive. There is basically no design.

The header image doesn't go with what you are selling; i.e., what does a woman in a Yoga position have to do with Website design?

I don't understand the funny attachments on each side, and the words and numbers floating around aimlessly.

There is no headline. A headline is an essential element. Not just for search engines; but from an advertising point of view. You are advertising your services, but there is no sales message, and no copy. The purpose of a headline is to get the attention of the reader/viewer and lead them (that means generate enough interest) to want to read the next line, which would be the frist line of copy. The purpose of the first line is to make them want to read the next line, and so on. You get the idea.

If you are a Web design company, why are you using a WordPress (I think it is) template for your own site, and not building an awsome hand coded, custom, site? If your a Web designer, your own site ought to be the very best you can create, and it better be a killer site.

I wouldn't establish and offer "plans" at specific prices. That has the potential to come back and bite you. I had that experience, and the client kept having me add this and that to page after page, and even adding pages. Then she was upset when she got the final bill. If you are a reseller host (as I am), none of those things cost you extra, so just use what you need to do the job for a client and charge a flat rate fee for the site (you can give an estimate in advance, but I wouldn't itemize all that stuff that you are showing on your site. A lot of people have no idea what it all is anyway. They just want a Website. The details are meaningless to them, unless they know about Web design, in which case, they would be building there own site.

I'm trying to look at your examples, but they don't load very quickly. Re. Northland E-learning, I can't read the copy before the slideshow goes to the next image! How useful is that? And, I'm a pretty fast reader! Not a bad site, though, and at least it's not table based.

Incidentally, my Website says "A Website is your business's 'face' on the Web." Copyright violation? Just sayin'!
    William Otis
    Flamenco aficionado and Freelance Web designer
    www.dreammakergraphics.com/

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that is a slide show on the Home Page? It didn't do anything when I visited. All I saw was a girl in a yoga position.

The one slide touts, "Personalized design." But how "personalized" is a ready made template that looks like 1,000's of other Websites?
    William Otis

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    PS: "Your" site looks terrific aesthetically, but as a customer that isn't enough because surprisingly a lot of web design companies don't design their own site
    That's what I said too. If your a Web design company, you shouldn't be using a ready-made template for your own site. It doesn't show a lot of creativity. One's own site needs to be a really "killer" site, custom, hand coded and showing what you can do.

Save the ready-made templates for the "quick and dirty" Websites for those who can't afford custom. His prices look fair enough for banging out a WordPress site.
    William Otis

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would increase the contrast of the next/back buttons on the accordion. Also, if you change the background color to white or gray and leave the greenish blue, I think it looks better.

Try changing the background on the body tag to : background: url( 'other/nws_images/wpaceff0a1_06.png' ) repeat-x scroll top center; to see what I mean.

The links on the bottom of the page need more contrast. The #5da7bb on top of the darker blueish green does not really work that well.

Check out https://kuler.adobe.com/ for color schemes. These have great complimentary and contrast colors in almost every possible combination. Look at the highest rated for the ones that work the best.

Also not really a design feature, but you should create a facebook page for your company and link to it .