Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Design Shop: www.northlinewebservices.com

Hello All,

We would like to hear your comments and feedback with regards to our new Website Design & E-Book Shop:

www.northlinewebservices.com

Looking forward to all your comments!

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed one thing which was the slideshow starting shifting between photos while they were not yet fully loaded.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your feedback! We've just uploaded the latest version with the most current fixes and updates.

You should not have any problem with the slider images now.

Please let us know what you think.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wthe design is perfect but i have only one feedback to do concerning the website optimization.. you should add the website style to style.css file... there is a huge lot keywords... which is a penality from search engines bots...

that's all and goodluck

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmix View Post
    wthe design is perfect but i have only one feedback to do concerning the website optimization.. you should add the website style to style.css file... there is a huge lot keywords... which is a penality from search engines bots...

that's all and goodluck
    Hello deadmix,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Great that you liked the design so much ! We've gotten some pretty nice reactions so far, glad that you are one of them as well. Good point about the keywords, there was indeed a file that hadn't been updated, but the keyword lists have been modified and should be much friendlier now.

Let us know what you think,

Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's more friendly, then the last thing to do is optimizing your css code style to be in one file... that will be more Valid and you will get a compressed code which lead to fast loading page...

Goodluck

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmix View Post
    that's more friendly, then the last thing to do is optimizing your css code style to be in one file... that will be more Valid and you will get a compressed code which lead to fast loading page...

Goodluck
    About the css, we actually only have one css file. And yes, the keywords look better now

Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i talk about this code :

<style type="text/css">
    body{margin:0;padding:0;}
    *{filter:inherit;}
    a.hlink_1:link {color:#e7edee;}

till the end... that will be more good if you put it on the unique Theme Style

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New additions to www.northlinewebservices.com

I see what you mean, we'll take a look and see how we can consolidate that file. In the meantime, we've added some exciting new sections to our site:

Example: Beauty, Hair Salon, Wellness Medical Center Website
    Example: Business, Corporate, E-Learning Website
    Example: Night Club, Bar, Restaurant Website
    Example: Art Gallery, Music Album, Book Promotion Website
    E-Book Creation Services

Looking forward to all your feedback and comments, much appreciated!

Thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All, and thanks for all the suggestions, tips, and advice!

The site is now totally finished, and it is LIVE!

Northline Web Services

Would love to hear your comments and feedback!

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The homepage doesn't have H1 tag, it is not good for SEO

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how you're making an effort to really talk to the customer with the slideshow--the messages are all about being approachable and personalizing designs. Very picky feedback alert: I think the "Tell Your Story" slide should come up first--it's very effective, and sets the stage for the other calls to action within the slideshow. And it's visually jarring to have the slides move to the left. I understand after watching it that you're looking for variety, but since English-speakers read from left to right, it creates a dissonance that you don't want to have the picture move in the opposite direction (and for me, it was the first shift and I thought they were all going to rotate that way at first). It's a little thing, but it might matter.

I wonder if you have too much text in your six boxes at the bottom. I like to read, and I read quickly, and I still had to force myself to read it all--my eye wanted to jump right past it. You've already got the "read more" buttons, so you might replace the lists with 1-2 sentences describing each thing, and let interested users click through to each. I like that you've provided a comparison chart to show how the different plans compare.

Another picky thing--the font on your FAQ page is really small--if you have any users over 40, they might struggle to stay with you on that page. Your main nav links are also pretty small (I'm assuming that's to make them all fit across the top). You might consider re-structuring some of those--for example, the "How it Works" tab only applies to Website Design, so maybe that should be under the Web Design tab instead of having its own. Having said that, I like how you've broken the steps down clearly to show exactly what the user can expect on that page.

Overall, the layout is clear and informative. Looks like a good site to me!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Straight off the bat I'd like to say that I really like the colour scheme used - a clear design with strong differentiations with the colours and fonts used. Something which striked me when first loading up the homepage was that I felt it was very difficult to read the navigation, both within the header and footer due to the font size used. I also think that the sub-menu under the "Examples" button is both unnecessary and a little confusing

While focus on different aspects of your business' values within the banner are good, I feel that you could use this space better by placing focus on areas of your website by linking to them, which would also improve SEO.

From an aesthetic point of view I have noticed that it can be difficult to read some of the text due to it's colour, both within the banners and the general text. For example on the banner image "tell your story", the black text disappears within the darker background image. Other areas where this problem seems to be apparent is within the black pricing on the homepage and the banner navigation which is white on light grey.
    Within the rounded boxes which give a run-down of your pricing on the homepage I think a little padding from the top and left would be good to improve its look and readability as my eye is drawn more to the glow effect on the rounded boxes and the "Read on" button could be both larger and aligned to the right so that they stand out a little better (this really could apply to all of the buttons throughout the site ).

On the "Website Packages Overview" table I really like the alternating column colours as this makes it much easier to read, although again the font size of the descriptions is very small compared to even the column titles. I would also suggest "upping" the padding around the text to make it easier to read.

"Your Website in 7 Steps" gives a good, easy to read run-down of your services. I do think that the colours used mask the black text slightly, such as in Step 5 and 6 - and perhaps on the most important steps too .

The contact page could be laid out a little better and the sizing of the textboxes and buttons increased. For example, you could use some of the blank space to draw attention to other areas of your website or even include links to Social Networking pages - a popular addition to many website design companies sites.

Overall I think this is a good site but one of the main aspects I would change are the font sizes used as they make it quite difficult to understand your business values and I feel this would be a real turn-off for many of your visitors. I apologise if some of the above points come across a little harsh - I don't mean them to but I think with these simple tweaks it could make this great site even better

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J in Calgary View Post
    I like how you're making an effort to really talk to the customer with the slideshow--the messages are all about being approachable and personalizing designs. Very picky feedback alert: I think the "Tell Your Story" slide should come up first--it's very effective, and sets the stage for the other calls to action within the slideshow. And it's visually jarring to have the slides move to the left. I understand after watching it that you're looking for variety, but since English-speakers read from left to right, it creates a dissonance that you don't want to have the picture move in the opposite direction (and for me, it was the first shift and I thought they were all going to rotate that way at first). It's a little thing, but it might matter.

I wonder if you have too much text in your six boxes at the bottom. I like to read, and I read quickly, and I still had to force myself to read it all--my eye wanted to jump right past it. You've already got the "read more" buttons, so you might replace the lists with 1-2 sentences describing each thing, and let interested users click through to each. I like that you've provided a comparison chart to show how the different plans compare.

Another picky thing--the font on your FAQ page is really small--if you have any users over 40, they might struggle to stay with you on that page. Your main nav links are also pretty small (I'm assuming that's to make them all fit across the top). You might consider re-structuring some of those--for example, the "How it Works" tab only applies to Website Design, so maybe that should be under the Web Design tab instead of having its own. Having said that, I like how you've broken the steps down clearly to show exactly what the user can expect on that page.

Overall, the layout is clear and informative. Looks like a good site to me!
    Hi J in Calgary!

Awesome review! Great suggestion about the Tell your Story slide...really will consider moving it up :-) Also the moving from the left I understand. Actually we have a random effect so every time you load it comes from different sides, but noted...and very important also! About the text in the initial page, it is indeed a lot if you read the whole thing. The way we saw it was that most people would only skim through boxes and read the one they were really interested in...but certainly something to consider. Another reason was that it gave us all these wonderful search terms to include in our landing page for the search engines.

About the How it works tab, we have changed it based on the great feedback like yours :-) Now it has both cycles, website design and ebook production cycle:

How it Works: its easy to get a great website and ebook

As for the fonts in the faqs...you are right, well spotted! We will be changing that in the next deploy!

Many thanks for taking the time to review our site!! :-)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site is nice enough, the header and logo are both dead on but the information area is really cluttered. It's pretty hard to read, is there no way you could condense all this up a little? perhaps an icon representing each type of site and just a few words selling the best bits with more information available at the click of the link.

Also the images which flick in the banner aren't all really obviously what your sites all about. Meditating woman? Violin? Easter Island statues?

Finally if I was hiring you for a design job I'd probably want to see more technical quality from your web design. It looks nice, but it ain't awesome in my opinion. It's a great looking internet services site, but not a top-notch web design companys site.

hope all goes well for you

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barricades View Post
    This site is nice enough, the header and logo are both dead on but the information area is really cluttered. It's pretty hard to read, is there no way you could condense all this up a little? perhaps an icon representing each type of site and just a few words selling the best bits with more information available at the click of the link.
    Hi barricades, we took a look at some of the points you mentioned and we would still like to keep most of the info up front, but we have increased the size of the titles. It doesn't sound like much, but it does make a big difference as things don't look so cluttered now on the top row. Now you can just go through the titles and skip them if there is nothing interesting for you there.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoxt3r View Post
    Hi there,

Straight off the bat I'd like to say that I really like the colour scheme used - a clear design with strong differentiations with the colours and fonts used. Something which striked me when first loading up the homepage was that I felt it was very difficult to read the navigation, both within the header and footer due to the font size used. I also think that the sub-menu under the "Examples" button is both unnecessary and a little confusing

While focus on different aspects of your business' values within the banner are good, I feel that you could use this space better by placing focus on areas of your website by linking to them, which would also improve SEO.

From an aesthetic point of view I have noticed that it can be difficult to read some of the text due to it's colour, both within the banners and the general text. For example on the banner image "tell your story", the black text disappears within the darker background image. Other areas where this problem seems to be apparent is within the black pricing on the homepage and the banner navigation which is white on light grey.
    Within the rounded boxes which give a run-down of your pricing on the homepage I think a little padding from the top and left would be good to improve its look and readability as my eye is drawn more to the glow effect on the rounded boxes and the "Read on" button could be both larger and aligned to the right so that they stand out a little better (this really could apply to all of the buttons throughout the site ).

On the "Website Packages Overview" table I really like the alternating column colours as this makes it much easier to read, although again the font size of the descriptions is very small compared to even the column titles. I would also suggest "upping" the padding around the text to make it easier to read.

"Your Website in 7 Steps" gives a good, easy to read run-down of your services. I do think that the colours used mask the black text slightly, such as in Step 5 and 6 - and perhaps on the most important steps too .

The contact page could be laid out a little better and the sizing of the textboxes and buttons increased. For example, you could use some of the blank space to draw attention to other areas of your website or even include links to Social Networking pages - a popular addition to many website design companies sites.

Overall I think this is a good site but one of the main aspects I would change are the font sizes used as they make it quite difficult to understand your business values and I feel this would be a real turn-off for many of your visitors. I apologise if some of the above points come across a little harsh - I don't mean them to but I think with these simple tweaks it could make this great site even better
    Thanks for your great and detailed feedback Shoxt3r!

We took a look your comments regarding the font sizes. Indeed a good point. We have now changed the font size -a bit- of the navigation bar, so hopefully it is a bit clearer. We have also increased some of the font sizes on the front page titles so that should increase readability a bit.

It'll take a bit more time, but your suggestion on some of the text colors like "tell your story" will certainly be fixed.

Contact page has been re-arranged and it's now a bit more compact.

The font size of the FAQs has also been increased, so I hope you find it easier to read now.

Fonts of the table have also been increased.

Let us know what you think :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great if you can make the menu title bigger than the current size. It surely will make the browsing experience more enjoyable.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I like the logo. On he other side it seems to me a little dull. I mean the text and the background, but maybe some images or other graphics will help to make it more "alive".

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a FB page? I suggest making one to get more impressions

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    waiting to see customers list website that you managed and testimonial
    to add more value, maybe you can develope another site/subdomain that give some free template to bump your site

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an example section where you can see some "templates":

Examples

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't like the web design. I think it looks old school. The domain is too long but i understand if you want the keywords "northline web services". I would suggest you include images instead of the icons. Social Media integration would also help make your site seem hip and modern. I get the feel that your site is out dated. And screen shots of your sample work or case studies. Hope i wasn't being too critical. Good luck!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is simple but to make it more professional, color scheme, placement of icons, header and footer would need some enhancement. CUrrent site looks much of a gifts store, toy store etc. If you find appropriate please update these to attract customers. By the way i appreciate your creativity but just a matter of what you are offering.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hallo,

there is not much more to say, I agree with most of the posts. Just a quick review how I've felt your design.
    From the start it was clear, what's your business all about. No ambiguous messages or illustrations.
    The structure is also very good in my opinion. Things that I didn't really like, were the icons used and the rounded rectangles.
    Greater font (white for example) with better icons would look much better, professional and modern.
    Especially for the "How it works" page. It looks like a highschool presentation to me, and wouldn't convice me to hire You.
    Here is how I've presented our work process, it's allmoust the same structure. http://www.agama.com.hr/#/proces-rada

Cheers.